Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SinS

Windows on top - and Encyclopedia

The windows on top toggle does not seem to effect the encyclopedia window. That is, with or without it on, the encyclopedia still shows up when in console mode or tab map.

Yes, I see in the code that this is the case, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

Given that the rules tab is part of the encyc window, and people need to see right away if they get sent the rules, I'd say it's a feature ;)

There was discussion at the time and I don't remember it, except that all I did was add, not remove and that code is the outcome.

Ie. Any windows that are not attached (a root window), I left alone. I only made some windows (not all) root windows if enabled.

The Encyc window is coded as a root window for exactly that reason ttl, however, I guess it would be possible to adjust it so it follows the Windows On Top setting, and if a mod uses the command to show the rule, then that command also makes the window a root window so it appears on top irrespective of the setting (until it is toggled back under).

Thoughts?