Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grum

Pawn scripts

The rabbit will happily run throught the tree as I'm not updating the height map, so it doesn't know it can't run there. The rotating tree is there for educational purposes only, and there are still other issues with moving objects (i.e. bounding boxes need a new approach).

I will add the ability to manipulate EC affects through Pawn at some point, but it's not there yet. But yes, this is one of those things where scripting can be very interesting.

EDIT: and as answered in PM: if the Pawn compiler complains about a missing features.inc:

if you're using the linux makefile, run

make pawn_scripts/features.inc

I'll update the other makefiles as well on the next commit. This file is generated from the options you set in make.conf, and creates a Pawn include file with #defines that match your compile options.

Edited by Grum

Creatures usually don't just walk through solid things ...

However, if the server controls where the creatures walk, and the server doesn't know about the PAWN adjustments, then its probably not a bug.... yet. ;-)

However, if the server controls where the creatures walk, and the server doesn't know about the PAWN adjustments, then its probably not a bug.... yet. ;-)

The tree rotates around it's trunk, so that tile should not be walkable anyways.

/EDIT: it does not rotare around the trunk center, but with some offset ...

* Screenshot

* Screenshot

* Screenshot

Edited by Florian