Sign in to follow this  
Roja

Move VOTD storage

Should we move VOTD storage?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move VOTD storage?

• Yes!
    • No!

oow i wana make a potion laboratory that would be sweet  :)  

and that idea sounds proty cool to

kinda like schools or somein :P

Then I wanna do the magic or summoning domain :D

First put "Molgor" on a chest or counter :)

add two more storages in "WSC" and in "Naralik".

allow just to train one skill on each storage.

like in portland you can just make potions. votd is for manufacturing....so its not crowded :P

Naralik is nice to summon and there are monsters who will kill the summoned animals...well some :D

me and ent were thinking of having places that you go to to lvl up. they would be like... a blacksmith place for manufacturing swords and such, if you went there, you'd pay a small fee, but you'd get more exp than normal er something(we're still thinking about it). or a laboratory for potion making, etc..

so this might also limit people at the storages

That would be the best solution imho :D Sounds a bit like one of my old suggestions too :P If you were going to get more experience the fee should be higher (ie. ~100+ plats), and there should be a level restriction to enter these buildings :-)

Whatever we do, i believe the main thing is that we have to make available storages that appeal to different groups of people that use them-- one that summoners use, and one for potions/ alch/ manu. Snuit's idea sounds good, but the specialized areas with exp bonuses may be even better. This will attract nearly all the peeps leveling specific stats.

The problem now is that some of the people that summon in votd do so not just for the exp, but also with the evil intent of annoying others. To get them to move to another storage, we need to add extra incentive.

With these specialized areas though, such as blacksmith, would only items relating to that particular skill be allowed to be withdrawn there? If so, it might solve all our problems, as everyone would be forced to use their designated areas.

the increase of players (saw over 300 last nite ) demands for MORE storages not moving them, the Ban on doing stuff doesnt work as it stays crowded near storages, logically we need More of them and they all need to have the same stuff meaning food in every single one of them !!

summoning should be banned to a special map with a storage to pull summon stuf only (no deliverly, just retrieval) so that they can train there.

if nessacery make summon events to show off to each other or whatever

summoning animals was intended to use in fights if i recall correctly but now it only bothers a lot of ppl that just want to use the storage guy in "normaly" safe maps !!

my 2 cents.

Like i said earlier.... Just make the summons dissappear once they are too close to a storage.

Come on man this a a awesome idea. 8)

Or is it too difficult to do it???

Ok we will increase the radius that you cannot summon around the storage.

Then later we will add a storage in wsc, and in grahm's village.

The problem now is that some of the people that summon in votd do so not just for the exp, but also with the evil intent of annoying others.

Can u give me an example of whom that does?

Ok we will increase the radius that you cannot summon around the storage.  

Then later we will add a storage in wsc, and in grahm's village.

Will one of those be for summoners? grahms village would be the best place i think..

Though I still like to see the VOTD storage gone! and 2 new storages instead which 1 storage can be used for summoning and the other storages cannot be used for summoning.

I do like the idea of little of extra bonus exp for certain stats on levelling em up near a special npc. But perhaps this should only be possible for the gods u joined. EA if u joined summon god u can ask the priest to transport u to a map with storage for summoners and for Combat u get transported to map with lots of extra monster spawns :P

3. DO enable food option please for Portland so that it also becomes attractive to do potions/alchemy/manu here.

yes...i like this idea...cuz portland is where i get my wine/sunflowers/rose quartz for body rest...

Will one of those be for summoners? grahms village would be the best place i think..

i like it becuz you have a magic shop right there...wsc or grahms would be cool for summoners...i would say grahms tho...more space...and you have grubani pennisula right there...would be a good storage addition for the high-lvls...cuz they can hunt there...come right back up and store shit and take out pots and whatever...

The problem now is that some of the people that summon in votd do so not just for the exp, but also with the evil intent of annoying others.

I have seen maybe people summoning just to spite others, how do I know this? because they directly said they are doing it with the purpose of annoying us or are mad about something. I won't name any people however.

Will one of those be for summoners? grahms village would be the best place i think.

Hopefully not. I would like their to be a radius for all the skills around storages. But we will see how crowded they become in the future. I'm sure they will be just as bad as we keep getting more players.

I cant remember any specific names, but I remember at least two specific cases where someone was explaining how they were ready to go back to votd storage to "annoy everyone with a plague of boars," in one case. I do not hope to incriminate anyone, and I do not hate summoners at all, but people with intentions as this should not be playing EL. :evil:

Today I was at storage and could hardly move due to the overwhelming crowd of Gargs there. This created lag, so whe I clicked to walk around, I often ended up clicking the area where they walked, and nearly attacked them. This is not good for lower level players :P

Roja, has the idea of a lab and blacksmith etc been junked then? i loved that idea. One problem though... would they also have access to storage? cos youd need to deposit potions (going there for 30 at a time wouldnt be cool).

Stuff the extra exp... i often need pots just for the pots. You pay to get in for the convenience of having resources available and storage next to you sounds good though. And i agree with keeping people barred from summoning at the least in wsc. though i have no problem with summoning at grahms.

I cant remember any specific names, but I remember at least two specific cases where someone was explaining how they were ready to go back to votd storage to "annoy everyone with a plague of boars," in one case. I do not hope to incriminate anyone, and I do not hate summoners at all, but people with intentions as this should not be playing EL. :evil:

People who do that on purpose should be punished. I mean I sometimes make a little joke to my guildmates as heck time time to flood votd again, but its never serious.

Today I was at storage and could hardly move due to the overwhelming crowd of Gargs there.  This created lag, so whe I clicked to walk around, I often ended up clicking the area where they walked, and nearly attacked them.  This is not good for lower level players  :P

Yes I know and I am sorry it is bad but summoning gargs is the best way to level up..

Yes I know and I am sorry it is bad but summoning gargs is the best way to level up..

Then please do it in DP not votd...because at least in DP the area is completely open, VOTD it's not(the walls there and such).

Then please do it in DP not votd...because at least in DP the area is completely open, VOTD it's not(the walls there and such).

I use portland now if that is okay? as this storage is less used and I cant take the gargs in the house to the storage guy so he becomes blocked.

like i said move the summonable storage (VOTD) to a pk map.... :D would be great. Lets face it, CO only come on to kill innocent newbs, now at the moment there is nothing in a pk map that you cant get anywhere else so nothing is attracting them to a pk map, put the only summonable storage there, pk maps will be fuller thats the way i see it, and also like i said if they want the privalidge to summon at a storage, they can accept the risks of a CO ass whoopin.

The idea sounds good at first. But summons attack people on pk maps. there could only be 1 summoner at a time

Oh and snuit, whats wrong with dp? if you go in the house all your gargs will disappear. i was having fun kiling them today

No forcing people to train in a PK map. I'm all for having a reason to go there, but not that. For that, i suggest a monster found only in a PK map with a rare drop. Anyway, as everyone already suggested, just make another storage specifically for summoning.

Also, you shouldn't get extra exp for paying to go to a certain place. However, you could make it so you have to pay to stay there by the hour (as in an hour's time, not on the hour change), but you get easy access to materials needed to make stuff, and a lower failure rate.

heh how about moving the storage across the VOTD river and to the south a little bit. Like close to the GDC base ^_^ make it easier on us. :D

more storages with the known radius ban dont make the game any easier, but at least it would spread ppl around the maps more if the storages are carefully placed in convienant places.

i agree with soldus, a map so big as the ws map and no storages is kinda weird

How about just moving VOTD storage over behind the Flower shop? You know, where the beaver spawns? It open enough. In fact, right there there is that Fence with a Cart in the way. Why not remove that cart and put the Storage back there. It's a little out of the way but at lease it'll be out of MY way!

Shadow, if it was moved to a pk map, no one would be forcing you to go there to do summoning, you can do it anywhere but if you want to do it easier next to a store you should take the risks