Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BullDawg97

plz help [CLOSED]

ok ive seen ppl having this prob i downlad the game install no prob i try 2 sing in my old char and when i log in i dont c my cher nothing a black screen with all the quik stuff on the sides and then i get a pop up of windows saying ther been a problem with the game needs 2 shut down i cant even make a cher

i am playing on a 2 years old laptop idk if i even hav a grafhics card but ive had no problem playing games that hav more graphics and stuff such as Kinght Online, Kal Online, Hero Online, FFlyf and more so if u culd help me out plz do or help me thro msn bertones1@msn.com or aim defboy3000

You definately have a graphics card; every computer does. We can help you via this forum thread. Please follow these instructions for determining your graphics card:

Click here

Also, it would be very helpful if you would post your system specs. What we need is also listed in the thread I linked to above.

On a laptop it's not really a "card" but you have a graphics chipset that performs the same functions as a graphics card.

ok yo here it is my graphics card i belive is called likethis SiS M650

i hav about 3 t 4 gb in my harddrive of space my error is that cant get in the game when i get in i only c a black scren and i do c the quik stuff but not the game screen i cant even make a new cher idk i rember a long time ago i ws playing teh first time and i was playing fine but the ohther day there was an updae or an ip or port change i did it and then from thattime i havent been able 2 play i hav adsl of speed of 100 mbs or w.e i played like i said b knight online b 4kal online fflyf hmm here online legendof ares meny mey more so plz try and help me outwith this

EL tends to have problems with SiS cards, so you will probably never get great performance. However, you should update your graphics drivers. There are instructions for doing so here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=30465

For your convenience, here is the SiS driver download page: http://www.sis.com/download/

Try that and let us know if it helps. It's the source of most EL graphics problems, especially with older cards/chipsets.

hey i dont get how 2 kno wich driver i need or wher i get them i am at teh ati web site but i dont kno wat 2 do if any of u gusy can conctact me thro msn yahoo or aim would b essier plz help

I've also responded to your forum PM. For privacy reasons, I doubt anyone is willing to give you their AIM/MSN/Yahoo address. However, we are more than willing to help you on these forums. :)

Also, you need to be at the SiS website, not the ATi website. Just to reiterate what I said in the forum PM, click the SiS link I gave above. Once you've agreed to the download terms, select your operating system, then "IGP Graphics Drivers," then "SiS650 or SiS740 series." Once the download completes, install the drivers.

Edited by Tanyia

ok i did download that sis u told me i install it and t askd me 2 unistall the1 i had so i didi restarted and installed agin its installednow but there i still the same thing going on with the game i cant get in it wat shuld i do now?

Okay, it's not outdated drivers. Sorry to tell you this, but EL will not run on your graphics card. A new graphics card is in order. For the cheap people, a GeForce 440MX will still be able to run EL, for now, but spring for a proper GeForce 5-series, which should keep for a while. However, the newer the graphics card, the better.

yes i am runing a dell laptop 2 years old but wat i dont get is that i actuly played this game like 1 day than i coudent play any more and another thing is that like knight online kal online and the ohther games i played i belive they hav beter higher graphics and i cant play EL well if any 1 finds a way for me 2 play plz lat me kno

Then your solution is to get a laptop with an actual video card. This is the only way you will be able to play eternal lands.

You mean; get a laptop with a more powerful graphics chip that properly supports OpenGL 1.2.

wat i dont get is that i actuly played this game like 1 day than i coudent play any more

ok, firstly, i believe your video chip claims to support OpenGL 1.2, and if the game used to run then it is physically possible to make it run again. But, sadly, its unlikely we'd be able to help u get it running via these forums; the only thing i can suggest that you could do yourself is using the recovery CD/DVD that comes with your laptop and restoring it to how it was when you purchased it. BUT NOTE that doing this COULD DELETE EVERYTHING you've put on the laptop since you got it.

Theres many possible things that could be making EL not work, and, especially when your dealing with non-nVidia or non-ATi video chips, it can be a tedious job finding exactly what the problem is.

If you live in Melbourne, Australia forum PM me and we'll arrange an appointment, i'll do u EL player discount :icon13: , if not, best i can suggest is go around to computer stores and ask them if they have tech's that know ALOT about 3D games and getting them working, tell them EL used to work but now it doesn't.

Ensure they have a no fix no charge policy :o

Edited by Korrode

This "the EL screen is black" problem is very common. Updating video card drivers is normally the fix, but, as we can see from this thread, it's not always the solution.

A guildmate actually has the problem occur when he updates video card drivers. EL only works with whatever driver version he's running now (but it crashes regulary), and this is on an nVidia card... i have spent hours with him trying a vast variety of things to try and solve this... but it's impossible to try the whole bag of tricks over text on a screen, i need to be there.

I cant replicate the black screen problem myself. I've decided to assume thats because all the Windows boxes in my house do not use Windows/automatic updates and thus aren't running all the M$ "security" and "stabilty" patches since SP2 for XP. They just are XP SP2 fresh behind 3 firewalls including application based 2-way firewalls on each system.

If there is anyone in Melbourne with the black screen problem, and updating video card and chipset drivers doesn't fix it, would really like to have a look at your system.

ok ive seen ppl having this prob i downlad the game install no prob i try 2 sing in my old char and when i log in i dont c my cher nothing a black screen with all the quik stuff on the sides and then i get a pop up of windows saying ther been a problem with the game needs 2 shut down i cant even make a cher

i am playing on a 2 years old laptop idk if i even hav a grafhics card but ive had no problem playing games that hav more graphics and stuff such as Kinght Online, Kal Online, Hero Online, FFlyf and more so if u culd help me out plz do or help me thro msn bertones1@msn.com or aim defboy3000

what kind of dell laptop do you have? i can get you an updated video driver.

(dell techie) :)

what kind of dell laptop do you have? i can get you an updated video driver.

(dell techie) :(

:P I would love to start an argument/debate with you LaNora about exactly what completely unnecessary changes your ebul company made to the SiS M650's configuration that would make it not work properly with the reference driver found here: http://driver.sis.com/graphic/igp/uniVGA3/uvga3_373.zip ...or why you cant just give BullDawg97 the Dell SiS M650 driver :) ...

...but instead i'll just advise BullDawg97 to give you the model of his laptop, probably "Inspiron 1000"... as a google search for "dell sis m650" pretty much only brings up websites for that model Dell laptop.

Interestingly, on Dell's website the graphics driver for the Inspiron 1000 is this:

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...p;fileid=105975

apparently a "SiS 650L"... not "M650"... eh.

ok i havent been on a bit so i dint c ppl post but yes i do hav a inspiron 1000 LaNora if u have any drivers 2 downlaod that could work plz tell me and in dell there is a few drivers 2 downlaod and i dont know wich 2 downlaod i saw 1 taht said 2D/3D sumthing is that it? and i live in Montevideo, Uruguay

i sent you a pm with the driver filename and a description of how to download and install it....did you get the pm?

and i dont know which irl ebul peep made that graphics card...i have nothing to do with building the systems, i just fix em up :D