Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
London

Good People

It is quite easy to point out the negative...

We have a forum section specifically for outlaws, but what about the people in this world we belong to that go out of there way to be kind to others. People that put there time and materials on the line to help others. We talk about Bag Jumpers and scammers. But we do not talk about the people that return and guard our death bags and other items. We do not talk about the people that are generous and give more than they recieve.

Certain people will do anything for attention. If we focus our attention on the bad, it is only logical that attention seekers will do bad deeds to recieve the thing they desire... attention... all be it negative attention. I understand the need for an outlaws section. It is great to hear other players opinions and responses to scams threats bag jumping etc... not only does it give us as players a heads up on who to watch out for, but I have seen several threads where misunderstandings have been cleared up, and friends have been made in the process. However Would it not be a nice thing to point out the good as well. I have met many wonderful people in this game who are willing to help in your time of need. They will drop what they are doing to come to your rescue. They will help you aquie materials when you yourself dont have the ability or knowledge to do it yourself. By pointing out the good we focus some of our attention on the positive instead of the negative. Dont give outlaws the attention they crave and maybe some of them will see that you can get just as far in this game by focusing your energy on helping others, instead of hindering the progress that people have made.

Obviously we will always have scammers and bag jumpers and generally rude players. But I personally would really like to see a thread on the good people. The underdogs that dont get the attention they deserve because all of our attentions are focused ont he negative.

So if you know someone that is worthy of praise, I say post it here. Give people what they deserve. A positive for a positive and so on and so forth...