Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lakel

In evidence books in store

Guest Lakel

I purpose to evidence in knowledge list (may be with the green color) the books not still read present in the store.

I hope will be implemented!

Bye.

Lakel.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, so what are you asking for?

books that are available from shops (as opposed to monster drops) being a different colour? those available from the EL shop for US$ being marked? or something else?

that'd be kinda tricky to keep updated, as well as not really being needed... the #storage response can be filtered.

for example, wondering which copper books you have in storage?

#sto copper

and you get everything that matches the text given. of course, you can also give a more exact term to match on, to check for a specific book

This would also create the requirement of a one-to-one correspondance between books and knowlege.

While this has been true so far, nothing (AFAIK) requires it to be so; leaving it open for a book to give multiple, random, or variable knowlege.

Whether this is desirable or not, there is no need to add the restriction now.

oh, note necessarily, you could have it so you only mark the ones that are in standard 1:1 and don't mark the rest...

the need for either the server to send updates about the knowledge list based on storage changes (which also means more traffic at the start, since right now it's a boolstream IIRC, this would make it a triboolstream at best) or the client always knows about the storage, which would be kinda handy at other times as well, but again more traffic

That is true. Could be done with a book-to-knowledge mapping file (updated with autoupdate).

A bigger problem may be getting the storage information. If this works the same as inventory (I havent looked), then by default you only get the image-IDs for each slot; to know what book is actually in a slot you need to look at it; get and decode a text message from the server. More bandwidth.

Not worthwhile really.

Edited by trollson

I think he means books u read white. books u havent clear and books u havent read but in the storage/inv green

that's what I'm guessing, cho, we're talking about the problems with attempting to do it... it'd be possible, but more network traffic and little real gain... so using '#sto filter' is likely to be the answer