Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puntif

setting EL's options from a Windows XP shortcut?

I've been trying to run the EL client in Windows XP from a shortcut and supply configuration options (particularly the server_port option) and it always seems to be ignored. Roja's message listing the possible options indicates she didn't know if they worked in windows or not.

I'm trying to use the "Target" property of the shortcut to specify the parameters. I thought that changing it from

"C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe"

to

"C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" -sp=2001

should have worked but it doesn't work for me. I tried a lot of variations like:

-sp 2001
"-sp 2001"
-sp "2001"
"-sp=2001"
--server_port=2001
--server_port 2001

with no success. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this in the past. I'd take a stab at diagnosing the problem but I don't have a debugger or a compiler for windows. Everything works fine in Linux but I do use windows on the laptop sometimes and I'd like to run EL on either the test server or the main server without changing the ini file.

that's right, long ago you could do this, which was also handy with batch files, or program arguments when running in a debugger.

a fair while back it didn't work anymore (I think someone changed the code several months back)

don't expect it to work until someone can have a look at it and find the problem

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this