Eternal Lands Official Forums
molime

PRE RC bugs

spacetimecolapsedx4.jpg

Let just say that Space and Time collapsed... This has not happened before. I was merely Alt-Tabing and then when I returned to EL this is what happened, and when I left the storage to load another map EL crashed. Note this has only happened 1 time but the Alt-Tabing has caused about 3 crashes aswell (which also never happened on other client).

Edited by Beaverhunter

That looks like a classic graphics card overheating error. I have seen that effect when I mess about with the overclocking settings.

%limit_fps 30 should fix it, check the graphics card fan isn't clogged up with dust.

A basic guide to cleaning your computer, which discusses cleaning the internals can be found here (click on Windows 9x PCs: Routine Maintenance)

Edited by LabRat

That looks like a classic graphics card overheating error. I have seen that effect when I mess about with the overclocking settings.

%limit_fps 30 should fix it, check the graphics card fan isn't clogged up with dust.

A basic guide to cleaning your computer, which discusses cleaning the internals can be found here (click on Windows 9x PCs: Routine Maintenance)

It might "look like" that but it's not... I have been alt-tabbing on other client and this has never happened...it has nothing to do with my computer, it can easily handle EL...even though it somewhy gets limited on FPS at 51... compared to others who have much worse hardware who get higher FPS...I should get like 150...

Edit/Update:

Just to "prove" that Labrat was wrong I have been monitoring the Graphics card temperature and it has been unchanged from when starting EL to crash... I also have increased the fan speed to make sure no high temperatures are even reachable.... still crash... Crash occurs on alt-tabbing alot and usually it just goes black and crash, the screenshot I got is 1 time only so far, but maybe it was because such a small "map" was loaded.

Edited by Beaverhunter