Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest BarronNevermore

Sound on/Sound Off

Guest BarronNevermore

I've been having this problem for some time. Everytime I enter a new area where the music changes, I have to go into options and disable/renable it. I checked the error report and this is what it's saying:

[16:42:04] Error initializing sound: Invalid Operation

Last message repeated 1 time

[16:45:46] Got invalid sound number

[16:46:47] update_position error: Invalid Value

[16:46:50] Error initializing sound: Invalid Operation

What do I do?

Guest BarronNevermore

Have you downloaded and installed the separate music files?

Yes. I downloaded the file that has all the music and necessary files in one folder. I unzipped it all into the "Music" folder in Eternal Lands.

If you use a music player that can play ogg-files (like WinAmp), do you hear the music?

There have been issues with the invalid sound number, but I was under the assumption that they were fixed from the 1.3.1 version of the game. Seems that there are still issues.

There have been issues with the invalid sound number, but I was under the assumption that they were fixed from the 1.3.1 version of the game. Seems that there are still issues.

I have same problem. Problem has appeared in version 1.3.1p1 and it has been repaired in ver. 1.3.1p4. It has appeared next again in ver. 1.3.2 and still exist. Other applications play ogg-files correctly.

I have same problem. Problem has appeared in version 1.3.1p1 and it has been repaired in ver. 1.3.1p4. It has appeared next again in ver. 1.3.2 and still exist. Other applications play ogg-files correctly.

Me too. Both with Windows and Linux versions. Switching sound off and on again helps for few minutes.

For now, i'm playing music with external players (WinAmp & BMP).

Guest BarronNevermore

If you use a music player that can play ogg-files (like WinAmp), do you hear the music?

I could try it with Winamp but I'd have to download it. I'm glad that it's not just me who's having this problem, though. I tried to search the forums for it but couldn't find anything so I thought it might've been something I did to my settings.

Is there a solution to fight this problem? :P

Yep most of the time I cant hear music, only sfx, and sometimes the client will crash if i try to enable/disable.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

Guest BarronNevermore

Yep most of the time I cant hear music, only sfx, and sometimes the client will crash if i try to enable/disable.

I found that disabling the sound effects and just enabling the music helped for about ten minutes. Then, it started doing it again. I'm not going to put this on Winamp or anything like that and run it seperately, though. It'd just lose the feel of the game if I had to run them seperately.

I'll just deal with this like I have been (enabling/reenabling) until a solution is found :blink:

I'm another victim of this, although it seems I have to log out and in again to get the sound back. Today after doing that I noticed that it played one chorus of the White Stone Stomp and just stopped.

Sound files are fine, and everything else works ingame, no crashes.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.