Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tanyia

Crashing on Linux

Ok, the burning part was a joke, but...

This afternoon, EL stopped working for me on Linux (Ubuntu). The pre-compiled version and the version I compiled from CVS give the same errors in my console, and crash right after I log in. Both versions worked a few hours ago, and I have changed nothing on my system except installing realplayer and configuring my mouse :dry:. There is no error log, or I'd post the contents, so here are the errors from the console:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//knowledge.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//knowledge.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//languages/en/books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/draegoni.xml"

./el-132.x86.linux.bin: symbol lookup error: ./el-132.x86.linux.bin: undefined symbol: alutLoadWAVFile

The pre-compiled version complains that it cannot find some books at the first screen (the CVS version shows white and big color blocks at the startup screen).

I've checked a few of those files to make sure they still exist, and they do. I have tried restarting my computer and redowloading/installing, and updating-CVS/recompiling. If someone has an idea as to what is b0rked, I'd really appreciate any help :P Thank you in advance :P

Edit: Oh yeah...

What the error is.

Processor Speed (in GHz): 2.66 GHz

RAM: 512 MB

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 4

Hard drive space (In GB): ~30 GB

Version of Eternal Lands running: 1.3.2

Operating System: Ubuntu Linux

Contents of error_log.txt*: n/a

Internet connection speed: 10 mbps

Edited by Tanyia

Oh...I found the error log. Here's a snippet.

SNIPPET 1

[15:22:41] Could not read help.xml

[15:22:42] Unable to read actor definition file /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml

[15:22:43] Error: Can't open file "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//key.ini"

[15:22:43] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[15:22:43] Could not load a channel list from file. Using a limited built-in set instead.

[15:22:43] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates132/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[15:22:43] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/human.xml!

[15:22:43] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/dwarf.xml!

[15:22:43] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/elf.xml!

[15:22:43] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/gnome.xml!

[15:22:43] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/orchan.xml!

[15:22:43] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/draegoni.xml!

[15:22:43] Can't open knowledge book index: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//knowledge.xml

[15:22:43] Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

[15:22:43] Download needed for actor_defs/gnome_female.xml

[15:22:43] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates132/ac...nome_female.xml from www.eternal-lands.com

[15:22:43] Download needed for languages/en/strings/help.xml

[15:22:44] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates132/la...trings/help.xml from www.eternal-lands.com

[15:22:44] Restart required because of update

[15:22:44] Client closed

[15:22:45] Restarting ./el-132.x86.linux.bin

(EDT)

[15:22:45] Unable to read actor definition file /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml

[15:22:46] Error: Can't open file "/home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//key.ini"

[15:22:46] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[15:22:46] Could not load a channel list from file. Using a limited built-in set instead.

[15:22:46] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates132/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[15:22:46] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/human.xml!

[15:22:46] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/dwarf.xml!

[15:22:46] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/elf.xml!

[15:22:46] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/gnome.xml!

[15:22:46] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/orchan.xml!

[15:22:46] Couldn't open the book: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//books/races/draegoni.xml!

[15:22:46] Can't open knowledge book index: /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands//knowledge.xml

[15:22:46] Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

SNIPPET 2

[15:14:48] Error: Can't open file "./textures/console.bmp"

[15:14:48] Error: Can't open file "./textures/font.bmp"

(repeats about 30 times)

In your el.ini (~/.elc/el.ini), make sure the #data_dir points to the place where you've unzipped the EL files ( /home/afonger/Desktop/Eternal_Lands/)

The easiest way might be to unzip the files to /usr/local/games/el/

Edit: also, when launching the .bin you've made, put it in the folder with these other files.

Edited by asgnny

Ah ha.

Somehow I had missed changing the ~/.elc/el.ini #data_dir, but had changed all the non-hidden ones. Thanks ;)

Still...I wonder why it broke when I had changed nothing o.O

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this