Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest twiistedkaos

Sounds bug?

Guest twiistedkaos

This seems to randomly happened throughout maps, Sometimes I get a 'too many sounds' error, but most times I get nothin and all sound die all together, including sfx and background music. The only way to get them back is to completely restart the game. I'm running the linux binary version, I tried searching the forums for a similar problem but... way to many post to find a specific one. Is this a linux only problem, because many games I've played that use OpenAL seem to have sound problems.

It's a known bug, I run EL on windows and I also get it when entering buildings like the Portland storage. But it doesn't kill the bg music nor sfx. Since this bug doesn't cause further problems with the client, it's being left as it is for now, as far as I know.

Guest twiistedkaos

You're problem is different than mine then. Sometimes I don't even get an error and all bg music and sounds will cut out. I ahve to restart game in order to get them back.

You're problem is different than mine then. Sometimes I don't even get an error and all bg music and sounds will cut out. I ahve to restart game in order to get them back.

Try turning sound and music off then on again in the config window, should save exitting.