Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Innovinril

Wheres the blue X on the map?

some video cards don't show it. that includes the one in the computer I'm currently using, so maybe I'll be able to fix it, but otherwise you'll probably just have to manage without for now

hello, when i open my map with the tab key on EL, it shows all the places and everything, it just won't show where I am...the blue x...plz help

I have the same problem with my laptop, a Gateway 200ARC. (I think it's an Intel 855 graphics chip.) I can't see either the blue X or the red X if I click on the map. I can, however, see the green X left by a right-click or the "#mark name" command. (Sometimes if I really need to see where I'm at on the map I'll use that command, then immediately delete the mark once I see where it is.)

Dave

Awesome I fixed the problem myself, all i did was contact my dell support and they helped me update my intel 845 driver. Now i see the blue X, as well as the red one when i click to walk.

Maddad, since you have an Intel driver as well, it will probably wokr for you too.

Im happy now :)

Awesome I fixed the problem myself, all i did was contact my dell support and they helped me update my intel 845 driver. Now i see the blue X, as well as the red one when i click to walk.
yay
Maddad, since you have an Intel driver as well, it will probably wokr for you too.
probably, but note that a 845 and an 855 are different. what works with one may not work with the other.

however, my laptop (which is busted, mutter mutter) has an 855, and it works there... properly updating drivers is usually a good idea

oh, and your avatar is annoying. no flashing please (heck, I don't usually even like it if it's animated... if you notice it move when reading a post, it's no good)

Probably, but note that a 845 and an 855 are different. what works with one may not work with the other. however, my laptop (which is busted, mutter mutter) has an 855, and it works there... properly updating drivers is usually a good idea

Alas, you are correct. I just installed the latest driver from Gateway and there is no joy in Mudville.

Dave

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this