Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
guidera

How do i re-install?

I was messing around with some EL properties, and i need to re-install.........I don't know how :icon13: Gee, i'm stupid :hug:

you don't even need to uninstall it first :icon13:

but really, you could always just empty out your el.ini, and it'll go to using default settings (whatever you broke is probably fixable in there... assuming it's settings and not damaged files)

Well... i went properties>find target>actor_defs and changed beaver to ghost, that was fun so i changed wraith to not a ghost and wondered what would happen if i changed skin to mesh and mesh to skin... i tried to go back and change it but i cant change them now

Yeah I did the same: Mess around with the capes, and stuff. But I fixed it by unistalling it, the just go to the EL website>Download>The Game Its that easy, It takes Alot shorter to download and install if you already have the some of the files on your couputer. The prosses should take maybe 5mins max depending on the copmputer and you internet speed.

It should work everytime, Any questions just forum pm me!

Post Closed

,Knight

Edited by The_Knight

^^ Post Closed - who died and gave you admin powers?

It takes Alot shorter to download and install if you already have the some of the files on your couputer
If you have messed with the files (it feels good until you do something silly) the only safe course of action is a full reinstall.

I seem to remember somewhere round here Teh God mentioning that messing with files and asking how to recover was a definite Bad Thing .

Delete the old game folder, go to the main site, download the full version and reinstall.

Learn one of the most important lessons when editing files - always have a working backup, and back that up too.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this