Eternal Lands Official Forums
link182

Missing textures?

Hi, there are some buildings and wood stuff that looks totally black in the game. Here are some screenshots

screenshot2006050219366ex.th.png

screenshot2006050219391ck.th.png

I guess there is a texture missing or something, is there a place to see the files that should be in the el directory?

The files i have in the textures directory is here http://pastebin.com/695430

Are those all the files need, or i'm missing some one?

BTW fontv.bmp, and particle5 6 7 bmp are symlinks (uhmm... copies) of font.bmp and particle4.bmp because i didn't had them (when i downloaded the game back in version 1.12). If there's a place to download just this files, could you tell me? (i don't want to download the hole game again :P)

If it's a missing or corrupt textures file, there should be a message about it in your error_log.txt file.

Well i get these in the error log:

Error: Can't open file "temp000.dat"

Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

Unable to add command 25 - 212 (lot's of this with diferent numbers)

error: Can't open file "./maps/map3_insides.bmp"

Duplicate actor ID 148 = Fodner => Fodner

update_position error: Invalid enum parameter value

But, are does those buildings really black?, how do you see them in your pc? is there some directory tree, file list or something to see if i'm missing a file?

Thanks for your time

Guest EsoTerix

Yeah that happens to me sometimes except they arent black its patterns of like fruit, swords, random things i just sshut it down and reopen it .... but its kinda weird :hehe:

Yeah that happens to me sometimes except they arent black its patterns of like fruit, swords, random things i just sshut it down and reopen it .... but its kinda weird :hehe:

Well for me it's always black, no matter what. :mace:

I've been looking in the cvs repos for textures (to see if i have them all) and i can't find anything... if people compile the program from it, where do they get the textures from? ;)

I've look around and seems it is a common problem... anyone has fix this?, how?

Bye and thanks for the answers

Well for me it's always black, no matter what. :mace:

I've been looking in the cvs repos for textures (to see if i have them all) and i can't find anything... if people compile the program from it, where do they get the textures from? ;)

I've look around and seems it is a common problem... anyone has fix this?, how?

Bye and thanks for the answers

The only place to get those textures is with the full game distribution. People running from CVS have to already have the full game installed.

I've been looking in the cvs repos for textures (to see if i have them all) and i can't find anything... if people compile the program from it, where do they get the textures from? :omg:

CVS should never and will never contain program data. It only contains the code to build the client executable. All other data needs to come from the download installer on the website.

If you wish to use a CVS client, firstly install the regular version, then compile the client and copy the binary into the directory of the install.

yes, on in linux, I'm seeing buildings without roofs, weird fruits and vegetables on rafters :D, inside buidings are missing floors (black). This is using the 1.2.0 beta update client.

In windows, everything is fine. (i have dual boot machine windows xp/fc5).

error log is pretty quiet:

Log started at 2006-05-27 13:18:57

Error: Can't open file "./textures/fontv.bmp"

Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates/files.lst from www.eternal-land

s.com

Error: Can't open file "commands.lst"

try turning off compiled vertex arrays in config, see if that helps

hmm, tried various different options in video and advanced video (even poor man's), but still the same. I've got a relatively older card - ATI Radeon 9200SE, but it works fine in the windows client.

hmm, tried various different options in video and advanced video (even poor man's), but still the same. I've got a relatively older card - ATI Radeon 9200SE, but it works fine in the windows client.

I would then suspect the dodgy ATI drivers for Linux.

# tune these for your setup & compile options
OPTIONS=-DLINUX -DELC -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DNETWORK_THREAD -DPNG_SCREENSHOT \
	-DTIMER_CHECK -DNEW_TEX -DNEW_FRUSTUM -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX \
	-DOPTIONS_I18N -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION  -DCOMMAND_BUFFER -DUSE_BBOX -DATI_9200_FIX \
	-DAUTO_UPDATE -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER -DCOUNTERS -DAFK_FIX -DFONTS_FIX

Some of there might have some influence on that, NEW_TEX should be in, but I think that the client will never even boot up without it, so you might have it. Look also for -DBUG_FIX_3D_OBJECTS_MIN_MAX -DATI_9200_FIX -DUSE_FRAMEBUFFER

Some of them might influence the thing a bit. They will add options in teh config window that might help you. And yes, the ATi drivers for linux are pure crap, that is for sure.

Appart from that, I would redownload the whole cliente, install it, and then, copy over it the meshes and the actor_defs dirs (overwritting the game ones), and then try again.

By the way, is with just with the cvs cliente, or does the standard client shipped in the EL package do the same?

sweet sassy milaseeeeee,

m_bee gets a virtual beer!

:)

After finagling a compiled cvs client (don't use cal3d cvs version download and use the released .10 version), I then turned off compiled vertex array and the missing textures are there! boo yah!

So my reports were with only the released linux client (with update), but now it seems to be "okay" with the minimal test i did (don't use compiled vertex array with current cvs as of yesterday). :):)

oh yeah ttlanhil you get a virtual beer also, compiled vertex array is the first thing i tried. :)

Lol Beer is always wellcome, even virtual ones. I could -virtually- drink a whole barrel :)

However, glad all is working now. :)