Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
solorni

Sudden increase in lags [SOLVED]

I've been playing EL for several months now, with no technical problems. However, 3 days ago I started experiencing intermittent lags, where my client does not seem to be responding quickly. For exmple I will click the ground to walk and nothing happens for 2-3 secs, then my avatar runs to the spot. It seems to be getting worse. Hunting is almost impossible now--I click on an animal right next to me, it walks away, then I get the "too far away!" message. It's also happening during spells and manufacturing. I've lost a lot of items because of lagging "you miss an item!" though I'm only clicking once.

At first I though it was the new kill patch I installed, but uninstalling it does not help. I've also tried deleting the music files, thinking that might have been overloading my computer. But still it seems to get worse every time I log on.

I've tried logging out/restarting/several different network connections with no improvement.

Suggestions please!

I have Windows xp, if that matters.

TIA :ph34r:

Edited by Derin

Problems like that are usually related to either a bad internet connection for you, or other problems in the internet. Any lost packets will cause the symptoms you specifed.