Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bongo

[patch] Kill Counter

Allready some progres on other stats? :evilgrin:

Yes, there's not much left to do. I just need to fix a few issues with the harvest and spell counters. I'll probably post a patch tomorrow.

Great work, but just a few comments:

Every occurrence of

kills_n - 19

should technically be

(kills_n - 19 > 0) ? kills_n - 19 : 0

Otherwise, the scrollbar won't be in the best possible position. (Although, judging from the screenshots, Bongo's version is already hiding the scrollbar if it doesn't need it). In any case, it might also be handy to have 19 defined as either a compile-time constant (via #define), or a const, so that anyone else making changes won't be forced to grep for all occurrences of 19.

Also, I can't seem to find the option to disable this tab. This would be handy for me, due to the fact that I really don't care to be running the checks on removing every actor, etc. because my CPU time is unfortunately at a premium.

Edited by crusadingknight

Great work, but just a few comments:

Every occurrence of

kills_n - 19

should technically be

(kills_n - 19 > 0) ? kills_n - 19 : 0

I've already done that. I'm more familiar with the widgets (nice work, btw) now than I was when I wrote that code.

Otherwise, the scrollbar won't be in the best possible position. (Although, judging from the screenshots, Bongo's version is already hiding the scrollbar if it doesn't need it). In any case, it might also be handy to have 19 defined as either a compile-time constant (via #define), or a const, so that anyone else making changes won't be forced to grep for all occurrences of 19.

Ok, I'll do that.

Also, I can't seem to find the option to disable this tab. This would be handy for me, due to the fact that I really don't care to be running the checks on removing every actor, etc. because my CPU time is unfortunately at a premium.

The new version (which I'll post soon) can be disabled by compiling without -DCOUNTERS. Mainly because this code is somewhat experimental. I could also add a run-time option to disable it, but it doesn't seem necessary to me. The added CPU time is negligible. It doesn't check every actor that is removed, it assumes that an actor has died when GET_ACTOR_DAMAGE puts the actor's health below or equal to zero. Hardly a CPU hog. The main performance hit in the current version is the fact that it writes to disk every time a count is incremented. The new version, however, only writes to the data file once per session.

Edited by Bongo

I've already done that. I'm more familiar with the widgets (nice work, btw) now than I was when I wrote that code.

Yeah, that's why I added

(Although, judging from the screenshots, Bongo's version is already hiding the scrollbar if it doesn't need it).

(though, my sentence structure may have been a little vague.)

The new version (which I'll post soon) can be disabled by compiling without -DCOUNTERS. Mainly because this code is somewhat experimental. I could also add a run-time option to disable it, but it doesn't seem necessary to me. The added CPU time is negligible. It doesn't check every actor that is removed, it assumes that an actor has died when GET_ACTOR_DAMAGE puts the actor's health below or equal to zero. Hardly a CPU hog. The main performance hit in the current version is the fact that it writes to disk every time a count is incremented. The new version, however, only writes to the data file once per session.

By bad then. I just try to disable as much as possible anyway, because my 'video card' is technically a software renderer.

Ok, here's the patch.

Great, going to patch my sources right away then.

Does this include also the other counters, or only the bugfixes on the current patch?

It includes the other counters.

I just fixed a bug in the harvest counter (forgot to null terminate a string), so if you downloaded the patch before this post was posted, download it again.

Someone can compile this for me? :blush:

I'll compile a windows version eventually, but first it needs to be re-approved by Ent, as it is quite a different patch now. Also, it may contain bugs that I haven't noticed, so I would like a few programmers to take it for a test drive before everyone else does.

[edit: It now has Entropy's approval.]

Edited by Bongo

I found a little bug:

When you restart client an go harvesting, the harvesting things keep switching of place.

Now there is only coal and iron in my counters. So when I start coal harvest it goes on top, back to second place, back on top ... When I let it sort like on name it stops switching.

But it's a minor bug and maybe it's gone when I have more than 2 items in my counter :D

I found a little bug:

When you restart client an go harvesting, the harvesting things keep switching of place.

Now there is only coal and iron in my counters. So when I start coal harvest it goes on top, back to second place, back on top ... When I let it sort like on name it stops switching.

But it's a minor bug and maybe it's gone when I have more than 2 items in my counter :D

Thanks, Cycloonx. I've fixed it and submitted a revised patch to berlios.

The Harvesting counter didn't save after i logged out and back in. Also a big problem for me is that new messages in a channel that is not your active channel don't light up yellow anymore. Or Blink or Anything. It is very, very bothersome for me. As I miss alot of good convo this way. I don't know if this was intentional or not.

1 thing im just interested in and dont exactly want to try myself is dieing from harvesting. What actualy regesters in the "Deaths" tab???

The Harvesting counter didn't save after i logged out and back in. Also a big problem for me is that new messages in a channel that is not your active channel don't light up yellow anymore. Or Blink or Anything. It is very, very bothersome for me. As I miss alot of good convo this way. I don't know if this was intentional or not.
it's not. it's a bug in the new chanel-tabs thingumy, which will be fixed soonish

ed:waitamin. I just tested and it's working. so it's already fixed in latest cvs

Edited by ttlanhil

Another bug: I summoned 10 fem gobs and they aren't saved after closing client

Thanks again, Cycloonx. Fixed.

The Harvesting counter didn't save after i logged out and back in.

Thanks Sweettea. Fixed.

Edit: Here's an updated windows build..

1 thing im just interested in and dont exactly want to try myself is dieing from harvesting. What actualy regesters in the "Deaths" tab???

Nothing, actually. It only records deaths by players and monsters.

Edited by Bongo

it's not. it's a bug in the new chanel-tabs thingumy, which will be fixed soonish

ed:waitamin. I just tested and it's working. so it's already fixed in latest cvs

I also tested and it's not working..

I also tested and it's not working..
oops, my bad, it was fixed in my dev client, not clean one

oh well, that sets it back to 'once the tabs'n'stuff is fixed'

ed: d'oh! that was part of the old patch that I missed committing!

ed2: fixed in CVS

Edited by ttlanhil

Ok, I don't know this problem is based on your patch or on EL client stuff, but bone powder is indicated in manu counter, and I think it's alchemy.