Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jevik

Win Two Million Gold Pieces

Now that I have the money, the lottery is on. I'll hand it over to Cicero so I don't accidentally spend it or something.

What do you think would be better to collect the names, forum PMs or should I set up an e-mail account?

Jevik

Works for me.

Okay, if you want a chance to win the money, send me a forum PM with your character name in it. I'll try to reply and confirm to each one that I receive.

Jevik

In the forum PM to me, the subject should read "Lottery Entry: <insert your name here>".

Makes it easier on me.

Jevik

I've decided that instead of writing a half dozen lines of code to do it for me, I'm just going to use this:

http://www.random.org/nform.html

Besides, this is true randomness. I'm also amused that there's a link on the main page to NoEntropy.net (for non random numbers).

So, basically, Jevik is going to give me a list of names, I'm going to generate a few random numbers (for runner-ups, just in case) and then announce the winner. I'm thinking somewhere around Christmas, maybe the day after, so PM Jevik soon.

Me too :D

Whoa...just realized...that's a big prize :D

I talked with Jevik about breaking it up into a grand prize and a few runner-ups, but I don't remember if he decided on anything. I think the following would work well:

1 mil

Or, use a bit for contests (first one to PM me with . . . wins 100k).

Sorry, been busy during the holiday season, and probably will continue being busy until at least the 5th.

I'll send out the confirmation replies now.

Jevik

Heh, I just found out that PMs are subject to the same spam rules as forum posts, so it took longer than I expected to reply to them.

Anyways, all entries have been confirmed. If you sent one in and didn't get a message back, resend it.

Jevik

Hey all,

Made an account just for this, alltho I should have made it sooner :P.

And as long as everybody keeps voting every day well stay #1 forever :D .

Greetz,

Salem

the free version of runescape ain't on top 100 at mpogd, and the one ppl pay for (don't know the right word, im danish) is #35

LOL

EL RULES

EL is the new wave of free mmorpgs, its actually 3D!!! runescape is a childish attempt and even the new update sux. the only real competitor is Planeshift (which i play time to time, i started when it first came out). But planeshift team takes forever to update the game and all you do now is collect crystals unlike Entropy who is constantly updating him (God bless him). i think EL is gonna be #1 for quite sometime. :)

*still feels so proud of being the one that added the game on mpogd.com almost a year ago :)*

anyways, if we win, can we still compete the next month, or does EL get removed from the list?

just asking, since all the games previously winning game of the month, doesnt even show up on the top10 list anymore :shock: ...

well, we will surley win this month, we have over 13% of the total amount of votes, omg :) and soon a new el.com page will be up, cooperating with a new el.net page... this will hopefully catch new players to the game. And to everyone reading this, we will have a EL fansite of the Month on eternal-lands.net :) So cmon, dont be shy, pop em up all over the internet :)

EDIT: hehe, i sure did fit a hell loads of smileys in here :)