Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Samanex

Forums Buggy?

This may be meaningless, but while I was reading posts a few minutes ago the forums did some odd compu-batics and used up 100% of my CPU. Using WinXP and Firefox, I opened a post in new page while reading Slate.com in a third window (just the comics) and the EL client open to the sign in screen. A security certificate box popped up for the new forum page. Being me, I checked 'Hit Me' and the forums froze, CPU peaked, and nothing would close for a minute. When I attempted to open any post in the forums, a click on the like would produce two sides of an info box (ghost) and the page would freeze.

After getting all page windows shut, plus client, I'm able to write this post. The only reason I bring this up is the mention of the cooldown poll gone haywire, and that the forums have always been running perfectly for me in the past. I have no conjecture, just description of this odd event. I hope it's meaningless!

This sounds to me like some JavaScript code gone awry. Firefox does not like that (being a webprogrammer, I've seen some strange things happening with AJAX-like JavaScript in Firefox).

Might be temporary, not all things in Firefox are re-tracable. Some pages hang sometimes, but are allright the next time.

Pages not working on the clients PC and forum-code throwing out a poll do not seem to have anything to do with eachother (other language, other enviroment, other behaviour).