Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skodarap

harvesting more interesting

Well, i was browsing through some old update news and i found one feature that could be really interesting :confused:

How about returning "teleport to PK map or SKF" harvesting event in game (chance is about the same as getting a rost stone for example)? :lipssealed:

Here's the link to that update where i found out about this event: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8650

No that would suck, I don't go harvesting to be teleported to pk map, you can also say get a chance to be spawned to hell while making essences :duh:

When they first implemented harvest events they where really seviere and had really high chances of hapening with them all about equal. For the first day it was posible to harvest anything (with equal chances of an event) to be hit with an event includeing 50hp (or was it 60) radon damage. It was especially bad for newbies that where harvesting lilacs who would be teleported to gumbadi panintula or KF and be instantly killed with no way of getting thair stuff back. Just about everyone complained from the top pk fighters down to all the harvesters and the effects where greatly reduced, initially removeing the pk maps then removeing teleporting to different maps altogether and just teleporting to a short range.

Harveting events where introduced to catch people that use macroing to cheat, these are modified clients that send the commands automatically and are used to make essences for example by first harvesting then mixing and eating food. This has become verry effective and we still catch a lot of people that leave thair clients still active when they die and try and harvest ore while they are in hell.

Something like this would never return as the effects are far to great for the community to accept but they still do tweak the system a little from time to time.

well, i just thought that it would be a "nice" feature that would make some more use of the teleport ring ... but hey - it was just a suggestion :)