Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cormaher

Music?

I've downloaded the music, made a folder named "Music" (uppercase M) in /usr/local/games/el/ (and later on also in ~/.elc/) and placed all the files there (.ogg and .pll) but I hear nothing ingame. All the settings in el.ini seem right.

I use el-112 on FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE. Compiled everything by hand.

do I need some package to be installed? libogg is there (1.1.2) and was there during compile. Konqueror plays the files nice and smooth in preview-mode. I see no errors when running EL. I tried different maps.

I'm lost :blink: , what to do?

Just a thought, you may have it installed correctly, just that there are lots of maps that lack music (and some maps that do are not throughout). IIRC, there should be a song playing in VotD if you go there.

I have compiled the CVS version and sound works just fine here (FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT)

I placed the music files in music/ in my el directory..

Btw, have you checked the volume settings in elconfig?

/Enki

so that is lowercase "m" then? and in which directory did you place it? ~/.elc/ or /usr/local/games/el/ (or whatever you installed to)?

volume settings (gain) are fine, both sound and music are the same. I hear thunder and rain (but I miss the teleportal-sound, but I always considered that a change in the game)

I put it in the directory where I unzipped the linux client, in this case ~/.el/ with a lower case 'm'.

I don't know if the lower case matters though.

I don't know if the lower case matters though.

case does matter on *nix, we've had problems with that before (if you're in doubt about if it should be uppercased, you can try varying it... or just symlink so it has both :blink: )

lowercase in /usr/local/games/el/ worked, but the music didnt sound as it should be. My guess is an overloaded CPU (allthough my Sempron 2800+ should do the trick) but I clearly hear "rubbed" music, which is horrible.

Thanks all for thinking / giving hints!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this