Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eolwyn

making capes...

cloaks/enchanted items? Yay or bugger off?  

1. 1. cloaks/enchanted items? Yay or bugger off?

• YAY!!
    • Bugger off
    • i like the items idea but not the capes...
    • or vice versa.

These can take high levels of manu, and require enchanted thread and other materials (leather?). things can be enchanted by mixing essences and the items, eg spirit thread is 2 spirit essence 1 thread. these could require lower levels of alc, or perhaps they could fill the gap between essences and ingots? these items could also then be bought/sold in magic shops. This idea may have already been posted, so if it is the case then sorry.

I rather like the idea..

I'm no where near that high enough of a level to do much more than fur hats, but it'd be an awesome thing to do in between...the prices on the capes vary enough that you should be able to make them at certain levels...

Possibly even add a manufacturing cloak???

But yeah...that would be a sweet idea...or maybe certain quests in the game where you have an NPC that enchants the pre-cloak material for you to make into a cloak...

Or, possibly, it's the colours that give the enchantment...you have to pick certain flowers that are harder to find than others (swamp candles, black roses, even though you can buy them) to mix and make a dye that will enchant the material you buy??

Just some additional ideas...

:) ... I like that, Alastria, using flowers to dye the capes ... we could use flowers + mortar and get a dye ... one flower one color or 2 different flowers to make a new color ... :D

hmm, it would be interesting if one could recolor the fur cloak and the "hat" (looks nowhere near a hat to me tho)...

hmm, arcanite was a material i suggested ones, maybe its mineable but can be turned into thread (strange material i know but its magic). combine that thread with a essence (or 2 or 10) and we are looking at enchanted thread. now we need to make clothes based on this. when this happens we embed a "permanent essence or 10" into the item of clothing. thereby helping the magic community.

this should all be user makeable only, and getting more essences into a thread would require higher skill (1 more skilllevel pr 1 mroe essences wanted to be added).

entropy will kill me for this tho as he is the one that will have to code this into the server and info files (and he have a bad habbit of writeing static infofiles rather then flexible ones, go fig)...

Whoa there duran!! I think u are pushing it a little. I believe the thread u were talking about was to do with new metals. I think new metals would be nice, for making armours, weapons and medallions maybe, but i dont see them being good applications to capes. The flower idea is cool, but i still think essences are the way to go as far as enchantments are concerned. Besides, essences could leave their own tint on the clothes as it is (having said that, flowers could make customizable capes, which would add a whole new personalisation element. Probably be a bugger to code tho...). Thanks for the input though... hopefully this thread has caught the omniscient eye of entropy.

And moonshadow, by ticking "bugger off" you are formally telling me and my idea to "bugger off." thank you :)

Genius!! :idea:

i was thinking about personalised cloaks last night, and it hit me- different combinations could have different bonuses/penalties! Say you are the type who likes summoning- you check the site to find which essences give bonuses to summoning, and combine them with the necessary garments to give effects. this can give negative effects, which could reflect on the alignment of the god of that particular area... input please...

Once again a demon to code, but is it worth it?

I think before anyone could even think of making a cloak they should have level 75 magic and 75 manu!

These things are magic items. With the current magic setup, making a magical item should require the highest quality materials and workmanship and a lot of work to make. Since currently EL can't handle the amounf of work needed, making it require very high levels to simulate the work and quality needed is the closest it should be.

hehe, arcanite may be a metal in raw form but in purified from it can take on many shapes as its a magical material :P

basicly i liked your enchanted thread idea and wanted to add some to it :)

but maybe i rather should leave arcanite in raw form to be infused with essences and then embedded into weapons, rings and amulets :)

hell i dont even know if the idea will ever be used, and i know entropy have a aversion for anything to do with magic...

75? Holy smeg! Does ANYONE have level 75?! You'd definately HAVE to have stuff in between keep your levels running to get to 75...

:!: 75?!!! are u absolutely off your rock??? I guess magic levels could be needed, and ud cast spells to infuse essence into the cloaks.

I meant no offence duran. i like the idea of magic metals!

75... or NOT!!!

btw who is the only guy who doesnt like the idea? and is this the most successful poll to date? (i mean in terms of positive votes within this space of time?)

Who knows what level would finally get used, I used 75 both to show how extremely hard it should be, making sure that nobody could do it yet, and shock value.

The entire point I want to make is that it needs to be extremely hard to make ANY magic item. Drops and NPC's should be the primary source, and players the exception!

no problem eolwyn, its just that being a magical "mineral"it can be more then jsut sheet metal :) it all depends on the alchemicla prosess used in its refinemet :)