Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kasgoroth

Reasoning: What kind of experience boost?

I keep reading that reasoning let you get more experience while lvl-ing up in all skills, but does it work?

My basic reasoning is 11, and I drank a potion of reasoning to boost it to 16. BUT with 16 Reasoning I still get the same amount of experience harvesting vegetables (36 points per successful harvest) as I do with 11 reasoning.

So what's the deal? How does it really work? Am I missing something here?

As I understand it, some skills get a larger boost from reasoning than others. I haven't gotten around to measuring it, but I'm pretty sure that manufacturing gets a substantial boost from reasoning.

For as I can remember, in most of the cases the xp increases by 1 for each 2 extra reasoning points... but I sometimes noticed just an increase of 1 xp for 5 extra reasoning points... (can be the rounding down though).

There must be some head aching formula for it, even worse then the one for the leveling xp amounts...

If you can make the potion, it makes a LOT of sense. Look at how much exp you need for higher levels, every exp point will help you get to the next level that much sooner.

If your doing something where you earn 30 exp, and the avg boost was 3, then every 10 you get an 11th!

I tend to disagree, at higher lvl's the gaps between levels are so large that 3 additional XP points for each attempt is like a drop in a sea. If you need like 5K XP-points to get to the next lvl, 3 XP points are nothing, not even worth mentioning.

I can do the potions, but the potions do nothing for me :)

Besides that it seems that harvesting is not even affected by restoration. Perhaps it works for combat, magic, potion, alchemy or manufacturing, I'll have to find out yet.

I tend to disagree, at higher lvl's the gaps between levels are so large that 3 additional XP points for each attempt is like a drop in a sea. If you need like 5K XP-points to get to the next lvl, 3 XP points are nothing, not even worth mentioning.

I can do the potions, but the potions do nothing for me :)

Besides that it seems that harvesting is not even affected by restoration. Perhaps it works for combat, magic, potion, alchemy or manufacturing, I'll have to find out yet.

3 xp is alot if u count all clicks means 3 extra xp then think how fast u can go up with extra xp or without it

Ok, lets look at the numbers, e.g. you need 5.000 more XP to get to the new lvl of let's say, harvesting (forget for a moment that reasoning actually doesn't work for harvesting) and you harvest Blue Quartz that gives you +32 XP each click. With a Res-Potion you could get 3 additional points each click. So:

5.000 / 32 = ~ 157 clicks for a new lvl. without the Res-potion

5.000 / 35 = ~ 143 clicks for a new lvl. with the Res-potion.

Now add failure attempts, and the fact that you need to make _at least_ 10 Res-potions for this because the Res-points you gain from the potion drop relatively fast back to normal. If you're already doing 200+ clicks 14 clicks more won't make a difference. I don't mean to rant or smth, I don't even know if reasoning does more for all the other stats, it's just a reply to "3 extra xp each click are so helpful" posts.

Try looking at the cumulative effect for reaching say, 2M exp. Not a small number like 5kexp.

Also, reasoning does affect harvesting. And with the harvest cap, that makes it even more important to use it for harveting since you only get 120/160 per hour. And, depending on what you are harvesting vs. your level, you only need 2-4 potions to hit your cap.

Plus, you also get a side benefit of potions exp if you make them yourself!

You are right about the potions, actually I made them to lvl-up my "Potion-Skill", not to temporary boost reasoning, using them was just a side effect *g*. Btw, I'm not talking of Reasoning as the attribute, but about the usefulness of "Potions of Reasoning". I cannot even test out what it means to lvl-up skill with a low "Reasoning attr.", mine is already at 11.

And I said nothing about the "harvest cap", I believe it's great once you can afford it...

Btw, haven't you read my first post? Why do you think reasoning affects harvesting? I tried it out multiple times and there was no change. The max reasoning I can have by using potions is 16 (I don't know why though), having a basic of 11, so I need 1 potion to boost it up to 16 and one potion more each time it drops back to 15 while I'm still at work.

Are you sure that Reasoning affects harvesting? Have you tried it out?

You need a higher base Reasoning, go buy some more! When you are at 15, it raises it up to 20 and the range of 20-17 is where you get the all the extra exp, and for a longer time then you think.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this