Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mhailyn

Chat in Bottom Bar

I would love to see a tabbed chat already implemented into the top or bottom bar. It would also scroll so it wouldn't take up much space, and plus if it was included in the bottom bar there could be buttons around it, thus providing more space on the bar. Just an idea but I think it would be very useful.

I would love to see a tabbed chat already implemented into the top or bottom bar. It would also scroll so it wouldn't take up much space, and plus if it was included in the bottom bar there could be buttons around it, thus providing more space on the bar. Just an idea but I think it would be very useful.

215544[/snapback]

Hmmm, a better idea is to use that super chat thing, don't know how it is called...

You can read all the text, so why on the bottom of the game screen?

Just use the button on the lower bar, i thought it was the monitor icon...

I like the idea of a chatwindow in the lower part of the bar... a lot of MMORPG's use such a chat window it saves a lot of space for others things but its not a must or anything... the current chat isn't bad either

Hype

Oh yes, I'm not complaining about anything. The current chat works just fine. I just like the idea of a more out-of-the-way chat. I have another idea too: Maybe when someone says something (Not a PM or command, naturally) it could appear in a speech bubble above their heads for a few second, then fade off. It would be useful in a large crowd to see who was saying what.

Maybe when someone says something (Not a PM or command, naturally) it could appear in a speech bubble above their heads for a few second, then fade off. It would be useful in a large crowd to see who was saying what.

Actually, there is a command for that :icon13: Next time you're in game, type alt+o :unsure:

I rather like the default chat. It does take less space with higher resolutions, also.

There is a chat window that you can move around, if rather consuming of space. You can toggle it by going to the Chat tab of the Options window, and clicking the 'Chat Window' button. You can also change the chat text size to be more fitting to it, under the Font tab.

Yes, I've tried the chat window. But the area behind it is still useable map space, and that is quite annoying; if you need to click that space you need to constantly move the box.

you mean something like This?

This looks fantastic IMO! I can't wait to see this ready. Not only because it'll probably be great for fighting, but also because it looks damn good... OMG!

:evilgrin::):P

!EDIT:Maybe this comment would be more suitable for the topic in the programming thread. I won't repost to avoid spamming, so feel free to move it as you wish.

Edited by Ornitorrinco

Yeah, just like that. Heh... Only I would make it without the extra stuff on the right...

Yeah, just like that. Heh... Only I would make it without the extra stuff on the right...