Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

Leave your character on....

You can have something like that in EL: Pay for a storebot. The way to do it in Kal is much easier and seems nice, but it opposes the idea of a virtual world imho. If your character is not controlled by yourself in front of the screen it just can't do anything, it's of course only an alter ego. If we had some sleep mode (extended afk mode) then I suggest it should be just like in real life: While you sleep you can't sell anything ;) (Or buy/code a bot)

Guest skaar

the character is still controled by yourself, you can chat meanwhile. you need to chancel the shop, than the shop ends. a storebot is an possibility, but too expensive for me :P (the bot with the 1024 p,c).

erm, if you don't like the idea, it's your problem, i find the idea great and love it in kalonline. if you don't want to buy from people which are afk/sell while you are afk, you need not to. :hiya:

i belive in that idea cause you can sell especially stuff which NPC not buy (like s2e, tit longs,..) and need not waste time waiting all time in market channel. as i said, i prefer doing other stuff while im online (manu/craft) instead trying to sell stuff to noob's which they don't wanna have (and again: s2e, tit longs,...) or to other people in the overflowed market for dumping prices. :D

it's just a suggestion, thats why i post it in suggestions, didn't i? :D

it's just a suggestion, thats why i post it in suggestions, didn't i? :D

210950[/snapback]

I just brought up some arguments against it, doesn't mean I totally disagree, I just added my 2 cents :hiya:

Is it expensive to implement a system where we can register for some kind of email thing like my email would be Doctor@eternal-lands.com and I could email LV at Lord_Vermor@eternal-lands.com or something like that

207583[/snapback]

Well we could have something like letterboxes. They would actually be models of letterboxes spread all over Draia and would work as mail in- and outboxes. By using a letterbox you could read letters that you recieved and send letters to other player, no matter if they are online or not.

207726[/snapback]

I agree with learner. There are many that do not use the forums. Likewise I do not think an in-game mail system is exactly practical either. Would it not cause more diskspace to be used up? Eh. I like the idea, but I do not think its a good idea at this point.

207906[/snapback]

actuely we have it or atleast iron has a form of it. it's called a bot you can use a bot as an email system for el.

I think the biggest issues about that would be:

A)Getting killed while you're out

B)LAG and low fps from the number of players that are just sitting there around, I go down to a 2fps around storage areas

C)There'd have to be a system to make the char dissapear after perhaps a day of inactivity

If this would be done though, perhaps it could be limited to those hotel rooms that most taverns have, that would be both a cool effect and useful for crowd control

Guest skaar
I think the biggest issues about that would be:

A)Getting killed while you're out

B)LAG and low fps from the number of players that are just sitting there around, I go down to a 2fps around storage areas

C)There'd have to be a system to make the char dissapear after perhaps a day of inactivity

If this would be done though, perhaps it could be limited to those hotel rooms that most taverns have, that would be both a cool effect and useful for crowd control

211414[/snapback]

A ) savety zones, maybe an own basar zone (like new continent arrive map)

B ) dunno if afk players will cut down your fpc or server bandwith (they dont do any actions, so...) and there are still people afk while harvesting, reading books,...

C ) disco after one day inactivity is ok, but limit to hotel rooms -> no, same chance for all to open their shop, not only to 24/7 players

thats there problem.

im sure many players have that problem

[EDIT] original B ) was smilie tag

Edited by skaar

A ) savety zones, maybe an own basar zone (like new continent arrive map)

B ) dunno if afk players will cut down your fpc or server bandwith (they dont do any actions, so...) and there are still people afk while harvesting, reading books,...

C ) disco after one day inactivity is ok, but limit to hotel rooms -> no, same chance for all to open their shop, not only to 24/7 players

im sure many players have that problem

[EDIT] original B ) was smilie tag

211419[/snapback]

Well the thing about the FPS is actually because of any form of ambient lighting from a single light source (not the time of day lighting), that kils my fps down to almost nothing sometimes.