Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WhiteBamboo

X_Y_Z

Guest WhiteBamboo

i think that if yall added a main land that was huge and if you main it(no offence) more graphical! with X-Y-Z i want a 360 view on X-Y-AnD Z!, with some clouds in the sky ^^. BIGGER AND MORE GRAPHICAL IS WORTH PAYING FOR LIKE ROSE

Sorry, but that is not the way Eternal lands is set up. Meaning: no skies.

205103[/snapback]

for now, anyway. there's interest in this, and it's not likely to be a cause of render lag, so it's a matter of coming up with a good implementation... I expect this will happen eventually (if you want this... get in there and learn C/OpenGL/ELC!)

Actually, following on with this idea, what's the possibility of having clouds/stars rendered in lake/water reflections? I think that would help create that depth illusion.

Actually, following on with this idea, what's the possibility of having clouds/stars rendered in lake/water reflections? I think that would help create that depth illusion.

205854[/snapback]

clouds are currently dawn on the water surface, which looks horrible.

at some stage I intent to make a sky, more realistic clouds (currently it's just one texture over and over, I beleive), set up lunar cycles, have a skymap, etc... but this isn't a priority task, so don't expect it that soon

if we do allow you to look up, then either we have to doa zoom-in when the angle goes below hoizontal(which is already causing problems, EL at horizontal is ugly), or make it so you can only see the sky in reflections(even though we actually draw it in the sky, not on water)

option 1 would look nicer, but can't be done until we have some sort of setup to ensure that angles aound horizontal don't look ugly(the problem is that you'd have to draw a *lot* of objects, and actors(players, NPCs, and monster/animals) are only sent to your client at a certain distance... this works fine for the overhead view, but is odd when they suddenly dis/appear as you of they move)