Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sildegaar

Caught in a snow storm

On the programming forum, Ttlanhil was talking about implementing snow and sand storms where relevant.

Will the snow storm cause damage to people ? In which case the warm fur cloak would be very usefull while full plate, I guess, would cause even more damage. The idea would be that whenever you are in a snow storm area you lose 1 point per minute +/- your cold protection.

I guess the same could be implemented with heat in the desert and sand storm :

- desert without storm : heat damage

- desert with storm : damages (that can weaken your armor)

Cold and heat damage don't care about how much protection you get from your armor. It is just related to your heat/cold protection.

I thought implementing this would not be very difficult ... a bit like serpents poison.

What do you think ?

PS: I didn't find any post directly related to that idea, although some talk about snow storm and area effect in the same post, which might be linked to this idea. If it was suggested a thousand times, then sorry :D

Edit: sorry for the typo ttlanhil :blush:

Edited by Sildegaar

there's already damage-over-time in cold areas, but yes, if it's storming, I like the idea of increasing that :D

Oh, ok :D

That's what I thought at first, but then since I could go around snow-covered IP without losing hp, I thought it was not emplemented yet.

Then I thought that IP is a special place, so no cold damage is ok. But now, deserts should really be dangerous places for unprepared people. And, by the way, that would be a reason to emplement a new resource : water (you could 'harvest' from lakes, wells, etc) or a new usage for water essences.

So now that IP is snow-less, fur coats hats and gloves are useless??

201785[/snapback]

there will come new places with snow

I don't want to give away too much, but there is a place on C2 with cold damage

I was losing like 10 health every 10 seconds I thought I got sprayed by a skunk!