Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HierosGamos

Same-guild Summoners...

Something must be done...

When summoning with a guild-mate, these same-guild sommoned creatures attack each other until only one players summoned creatures remain...

Would it not make more sense to have guild sommoned creatures not attack each other?

...therefor a group of summoners could summon a mass and sweep through KF... not to mention lag-attack lol

You are absolutely right. Im not sure if anything is being done about it though.

Im not sure if anything is being done about it though.

188789[/snapback]

Isn't it possible for the summons which already attack everything to know not to attack anything with the same tag as itself? (and its owner)

This annoys me when I have summon parties because only one person in the guild can do summoning at a time. The same guild summons should not attack each other.

At least you can do guild summon tournament:)

It should be easy to make guild summons not attack each other.

I mean it's a 2 step algoritm for each summoned monster.

1. Does creature have a tag? Yes: Go to 2. No: Attack

2. Is it the same tag like mine? Yes: Ignore. No: Attack.

I think Heal Summoned should work not only on your own summons, but also your guilsmates summons!
This would be different. Let me tell you how it would play out.

1 good summoner. the summoner summoning hordes of monsters.

1 good fighter. the fighter healing the summons and fighting.

Encourages teamwork. But Heal summoned is a high-magic skill so this would often be the scenario, I kind of like it. Any problems with that idea?

This would be different. Let me tell you how it would play out.

1 good summoner. the summoner summoning hordes of monsters.

1 good fighter. the fighter healing the summons and fighting.

Encourages teamwork. But Heal summoned is a high-magic skill so this would often be the scenario, I kind of like it. Any problems with that idea?

188923[/snapback]

1. Because of the price of essence and ammount of mana involved, Remote Heal will still be the preferred spell, even if the magic level's high enough to Heal Summoned. There'd be no point in healing *multiple* summons at once for training anyway, as a fighter can only attack one at a time.

2. I'm not quite sure on the reasoning for this, however, after either a certain number of heals or time period?.. the creature being attacked stops giving experience to the fighter. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but it does happen on both real animals and summons.

3. Training by healing summons rather than training by summoning more is rather slanted towards training the fighter/magic. We summoners have a hard enough time getting our xp as is.

I suggested this, which would also help with the problem of same-guild summons.

As is, I've done a lot of training people with my summons (by summoning hoardes), and have done hunting with my summons by having myself and others Remote Heal, (Chims can last hours this way).... I've also had 'summon wars' with other summoners, both in and out of guilds. I think the summons should still be able to attack other summons, even in guilds, however, I think there should be an option to turn that feature off.

Summoning can be a much more effective skill than it currently is, if a few small changes are made.

nothing wrong with it i think