Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gadai

Ilsf, again.

Heya all, same old deal - Ilsf bagjumps, Ilsf beams, we go 'What a surprise, we thought he was a trustworthy and honourable fellow!' :angry:

<edit>

As this has obviously escaped some people, the quote is sarcasm. Hope this makes things a little clearer.

</edit>

Edited by gadai

Guest Ghandi

actually, the story i heard is that CG scammed Guller, and gave to islf, who in turn gave islf to his brother...this is all a twisted vortex of scamming and bagjumping

Deathdragon you deserve a medal...NOT!!!What kinda speech is that you don't deserve to be scammed just cuz you fell for it!

Edited by Gryflet

Nobody got scammed DeathDragon - they got bagjumped. When working on a guild project we sometimes use a group bag with a sitter minding it and moving off as various guild members need to deposit/withdraw ingredients.

While it is known that this carries risks, this is also the forum for individuals who pose such a risk to be posted as a warning to other players to beware around them. It also acts as a gauge (to a certain extent) of how trustworthy the individual is for possible bag trades, etc. As it exists for this purpose I posted.

If your point it that it shouldn't be posted you should either (i) start a thread calling for this forum to be removed or (ii) stay out of it if it doesn't involve you. As the post wasn't about you and that you haven't offered any information about the incident I suggest you follow option (i) ? :P

I'm not trying to be mean or abusive DeathDragon but you haven't been terrible constructive in your posts on this thread.

Edited by gadai

I understand what you're saying partially, but people should learn to deal with those risks. It might be more convinient, but it seems people will always be ready to jump you. I've never been scammed because I don't take those sort of risks. I only posted on the forums again in the first place because I was bored.

The reason I say that I don't mind scammers/bagjumpers is because I think EL's community is a little too friendly. By no means am I saying that RuneScape's community is good, that would be an example of a community that's not friendly enough (in short: RuneScape's community is too full of asses). But when it gets to the point where you get spammed with PMs from 10 other people just for PKing someone, it's out of hand (experienced that first-hand...No, it was not a scam or trick in any way...I didn't ask them to train, I just walked in and killed them).

I understand what you're saying partially, but people should learn to deal with those risks. ...

Posting in the Outlaws forum is one way by which players are dealing with those threats; in bringing to the attention of the community those characters who are liable to be a threat in such circumstances.