Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zelse

various brainstorming on EL 'special' thingy

i hope i posted this at the right place, well im new to this forum thing so forgive me if i make a mistake :) now for my ideas: heres and idea on flowers as you know in real life we eat sunflower seeds, well after you do some stuff to it of course. But i was thinking that we can make sunflower seeds edible if we do some sort of manufacturing to it kinda like the bones powder. Also -this ideas like a WAY out into the future idea- IF we have airships i think that we can use the AIR ESSENCE to keep them running, like how vehicles run on gasoline. I have another outlandish idea, IF we can ride horses then make them a defaulf 'ride' and let each race have there own distinct 'ride' like the Ochans-since they are a tough race- their own 'ride' can be a chimeran wolves if they can beat 1 and 'tame' it, the elves will ride deer since they are so silent and close to nature if there harvesting is at a high enough level, Dragoni could have pet gargs and use them as a sort of a mini storage or use them for there special 'teleport' ability, the gnomes can have foxes or wolves as pets and the pet can go 'hunt' for items on its own like essences, ores, furs ect. the dwarves can ride boars that are slow but can carry loads of weight, and humans can have pet/ride bears -if they can beat them- that can carry loads of weight and can do special 'dances' that either heal poison bless or harm there owner. Well thats all for my ideas at the time being, once again if this is the wrong forum from what i wanted to go to then please tell me and forgive me, im a n00b to the forum thing you know :(

i like most of your ideas, but theres a couple of problems with the airship and rideable animals you suggested.

airship: what exactly would the use of an airship be? we already have ships and teleport rings, so and airship would pretty much be useless.

rideable animals: the main problem i see with that is that elves would have an immense advantage over all the other races, because if, as you say, you have to defeat abnd tame the monster/animal, elves would have the weakest enemy to beat. whereas other ppl like humans and orchans, have to beat the strongest enemys in the game. then not many ppl would get anything other than elf, because it only has to beat a deer for a transportation animal.

I agree that there should be fair and equal possibilities for all races. So if we will get the rideable animals, they should be the same for all - most likely horses.

But why shouldn't there be a higher level rideable creature customized for each race but with balanced features/skills/stats..

But why shouldn't there be a higher level rideable creature customized for each race but with balanced features/skills/stats..

178225[/snapback]

it's an interesting idea, but what kinds of things would they be? for it to work, all of the "special" rideable animals would have to have the same a/d, at least when you fight them, nomatter what speciese they are. otherwise, the system would still be unfair, favoring a certain race.

There should certainly be an advantage to fighting when mounted (though there may be weapons requirements). If this factors in the strength of the mount, then it could balance.

Elves could easily get their Deer mounts, so be mobile earlier (in level terms), but wouldn't get much advantage in combat from riding such a weak animal. Ochans, with the suggested Chimera-Wolf (and I guess Zelse was thinking of Wargs there) would have to wait until much higher levels.

Another factor could be additional carrying capacity (or not). If your character can carry 2 tonnes of iron ore, it doesn't mean that your mount can carry you plus that weight! This needn't be related to its fighting prowess (although in EL mechanics there is an unfortunate link).

I would assume that a high Animal nexus would be required to ride and/or fight from beast-back.