Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragburn

super unusual lag

well im not much of a techie and by no means are telling you guys what to do.Anyways im having extremely abnormal lag.i think its due to server being up for 3+ days nonstop but like i said i dont know. its just that ive never gotten lag like this.and it has been like it today and yesterday and any other time it has been up around 50 to 60 range.but recently it has been like 0 to 3 range except in one area in dp.its over by grims area but not too close.help soon pls. :)

ya it went up to 7 at first then down to 1 again

At 15:56 EST, I did 5 pings and got: 130 MS, 130 MS, 940 MS, 470 MS, and 120 MS.

I'm in New Jersey using cable modem (Comcast).

I get a LOT of lag, too...(plus, I can't see my monitor at night time, and I have it turned up as bright as it will go)...

I get down to about 1-5 most of the time...all my pings are only in the 260's...

Isn't there more we can turn off besides clouds, shadows, and reflections that aren't really viable to a person's playing experience?? I mean, the rain is kewl...it looks kewl, it sounds kewl...but I don't feel like playing in the desert all the time just to escape the rain...that seems to lag me down a lot (though, not as much as people summoning near storage or at beam)..

I mean, it's great the game still plays at 1FPS, but barely...I end up resyncing with the server A LOT...

Guest Ravana

I have the same problem but a bit worse... i get a constant 0 fps

I use Dialup Live in North Florida and use ATI Rage

( I think the games having trouble detecting my vidiocard )

I started playing this game at 1-3 fps (Linux with ATI Rage) but that was without the video drivers that support hardware acceleration. The game plays much better (and looks much nicer) with the hardware accelerated video drivers.

Guest Ravana

I dont know how to set it up :... I dont have much experience in this field at all I suppose I can try and figure it out

M'kay, I know we have the correct drivers installed for mine, updated and everything because we (Jakuren and I) reformatted my computer not too long ago when I bought another harddrive...

but my video card is: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro on a Samsung SyncMaster 570V TFT flatscreen monitor...

Now the monitor has some weird drivers w/ it that I only have 2 options for screen resolution, either 1024 by 768 or 800 by 600...and like I said, the viewing angles for my monitor sucks where I can't see anything when the game gets dark...

Either way, that's my info on my stuff...

yup, and once there you will have todownload a 20mb or so big file including all of the graphic drivers for all ati cards. click on drivers once you get to that site. That should help you, and your card should support opengl without any big problems if im not totally wrong..

hope you get it to work m8!

Alastria our video thingy is made by the same company. :) Here's what I've done; went to start, settings, control panel, clicked display, clicked settings, clicked advanced, clicked Vanta, clicked color correction and adjusted the brightness. I do this everytime I restart my comp or I just can't see the game even in the day time.

Also on one of the comps I set the color to 16 bit high color and made sure the game was also set to that. It made it run a lot faster.

Good luck :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this