Eternal Lands Official Forums
LochnessLobster

Join Manu's On Strike!

:) Manu: Takes lots of time and money to make levels!!

Now we are having a hard time even selling Items for

the cost of suplies. Terk does not even buy Most of the

items we make. The ones he does, is at a loss.

The only way to improve this is to lower the suplies of these items in game.

The price will improve if we stick togather!!

I for one will suport the strike!!!!

I think trik buying at a loss is a good thing. but I'm in favour of a strike(1)

I also nominated for manu/craft rep, so I'm hoping to be able to do more to help :)

I'm in

note 1: same caveats as alch union strikes, I'll sell for guildmates' personal use still. just not to the public

Edited by ttlanhil

It feels a little pointless having a skill so well trained that brings so few advantages. I got 5 inorganic nexuses back when manufacturers needed titanium, I got 7 artificial nexuses for the ultimate in superaxe building. I'd be better off buying the finished product from the market as it is than buying the ingredients seperately.

A guild mate of mine managed to make an EWE one time, I said that I would supply an EFE, the Serpent stones and all the other ingredients required to make it into an axe. At the time I was 3rd best on the manu table and I was still denied the task of making an axe. If someone who hasn't trained manufacture at all has the ability (by being a good friend of mine) to change materials into product with my success rate and doesn't, then that is where we become obsolete.

That is probably part of the problem. If most non-manufacturers have the same ability as a manufacturer through friendship the only proportion of the market left is the proportion of people that aren't friends with any manufacturers. Should we stop doing this?

Anyway, I've not been playing as Earl at all recently, I started a new chap. I've been having lots of fun and not manufactured anything beyond fur cloaks.

I totally agree to Earl and Lobster - its against the community when you have to say "no" to make some fine stuff for a friend, just because you think of your own incoming.

I never did and i dont want to do so but its really a hard and *expensive* skill...

So the prices (esp for higher level items) should be higher, just enough to ensure our own living.

And if they dont want to pay more, its time for us, to show our power :D

Enderoth (who signed this strike)

I'm with us manuers :)

I dont know if you guys are aware, but 2 guys from riva were putting together a manufacturers union. Also i think you should hold off on the strike till after the next update, and if things are still bad then great ill support you.

Its not very encouraging when you see guys with the manu power of Loch can not make money with manu. He is 100% right...with the price of an EFE its not even worth making plate armor.

We have discussed this before Loch and you know my feeling on this. If there is a strike I will support it all I can. If you need any help with organization just let me know.

Guest stricks1

i JOIN, we really need make this, the prices is going down.

Stop making free stuff, is essescial too.

Stop selling for low prices.

Join this!!!!!!!

i don't sell good manu items only make for friends of course since a long time now, i never sell with lose money for good items i'm on strike since a long time ;)

i will not join a strike...but what i do propose...is for us manuers to set a fixed rate for our items - and stick to them, there is no point lowering the prices

i agree with crannog, we could get together as a manufactureing guild and set prices.

Remembering my history classes each skill would have a guild to specify the price and size and quality of items.

For example the bakers guild would specify the price and weight of a bread roll and there would be consiquences if the rolls where not up to standard.

This is where the term 'bakers dozen', meaning a dozen being a count of 13 not the regular 12 items.

the diferent count originated when weight that a dozen bread rolls was set, if the weight of the 12 rolls where not upto standard an extra roll would be added to make shure it fitted the standard.

So what we could do is form a 'guild' of manufacturing to help regulate the market price. This 'guild' would allow members of the guild to get together and specify a price for the game. All members would be bound to this standard price.

Edited by dns_server

so something like a manu-ers union, setting standard prices for all members, and going on strike if other people are undercutting until the demand rises enough?

its just a suggestion, and will only work if everyone agrees to it

167625[/snapback]

Me <-- agrees

I think its a good idea for a fixed (minimalist) price and it will help all us manuers!

And "customers" will know what to pay for a special item.

I think its a good idea for a fixed (minimalist) price and it will help all us manuers!

And "customers" will know what to pay for a special item.

167730[/snapback]

sounds good to me. set a base price and a bulk price for all items, and expect prices to be around that? it could help.

does anyone have a good place to put up listings of common prices that can be tweaked? (all items except alchemy, the alch union has prices for those already undergoing tweakage)

i could do a page for EL.net

(with Placids permission of course)

167756[/snapback]

I thought of this, and it's be a great place for a final list, but the prices would probably need to be tweaked fairly often, which means direct write-access to the server would be a help.

the tweaking of some prices will no doubt result in needing other tweaks, depending on how much effort people want to put into tracking supply/demand

Well if this strike and union is formed for the manufacturers, then by all means im almost very sure the alchemists union would fully support it is as well since some manufacturers already support us.

Of course it means my little blacksmith character sitting in votd that has been doing very well in the market would have to stop selling, but i would be willing to take him out of the scene for awhile.

Peace

The thing we need to do when createing a manufacturing union is work out how it is going to be managed. will everyone be allowed to join or will there be a minimum skill level (such as 15).

how will we be organized? are we going to have a single leader or a board of directors.

how will the prices be set? will we have votes? does everyone have the same weight or do leaders get more votes? is it just the leaders that set the prices?

also what role does the community representative counsil play? should the manufacturing representative have control on the prices?

it would be reletively easy to add a price list to deadface or any other bot to maintain the recomended prices. ie pm him 'price lether pants' and he would reply 90gc. it would be reletively easy to add commands to maintain the list of prices with access granted to the leaders of the union. it might also be a good idea to maintain a list of members of the union.

A site could be setup to store this like eternal-lands.net or it might be possible to create a section in these forums for unions.

Personally, I thinkt he Joy and compassion you get from the people you are making stuff for is worth wayyy more than anything they could posibly pay you. In fact, I think you guys should just start giving everyone anything they want for free. Imagine all the Joy you could get from all that compasion and happiness from other people....we could solve world Peace! With world peace we could become a moneless society with everyone getting along and living as one big happy family helping each other out equally for the beniefet of all. It would be one big happy circle where one person helps another who helps another who helps another who eventuallys helps you again which allows you to repeat the cirecle yet again. We should base our happiness not on money and wealth, but on friendship and compasion for others. One day, you will relise that greed for more and more has gotten to you and before you know it you won't be able to turn back. YOu will end up living a miserable life even though you may be rich. So, if you guys just gave everyone anything for free imagine the posibilities!

OK...i tried... :rolleyes:

Anyways, i'm goign to bed...i cna't belive I just thought that all up at 11:30PM.

A BBS would prob be the best place for a price list......we can set up several mods to have the ability to adjust prices as needed. I could set something up on my guilds BBS if anyone likes....why reinvent the wheel :rolleyes:

Prices are foolish for sure......Strike is fine with me....almost all my work is for guild use anyhow. But a little profit now and then would be nice!

www.blackroserepublic.com

Storm

Edited by storm