Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Enyo

Monster Drops

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Recently there have been some noticable changes to the game concerning drops from monsters. these drops have been reduced to the point where there is nothing. i'm not seeing capes, stones and many other valuable items that we once had. i think that this is a pathetic shame because we need those drops to help support the economy in order to buy more potions, weapons, armor and crafting items. bring back the drops, please. as it is, the average fighter depends upon the potion maker/manu/crafter for most needs. some have suggested such as daxon that we can supply the ingredients to have many items made free. personally, i don't do that because i prefer to pay someone, even a friend.. and not take advantage of them just because they are a friend. i don't want my friends to give me free items when this is their trade/profession on the game. for me, that's wrong and is taking advantage of people. most items that fighters would sell are sold to other fighters, anyway.. such as stone, capes, etc. the only books that most buy are the super rare books, such as human, elf and dwarf fighting and also diss and damage ring building, tit serp sword construction and the gen axe book. these books actually sell for something. all other do not, because there are too many books dropping. we need more items like tit chain, steel chain, serp stones, ros stones, capes, etc.. also, why doesn't trik buy iron or steel shields? why is trik going down on what he pays for weapons, etc? for anyone who says that the economy's currency has no value, plz take a long hard look at all of the players who are harvesting lilacs for a quick gold coin. that's proof that most people are struggling to earn a gold piece. seriously speaking, anyone who would complain that the value of the EL currency is suffering is probably wealthy, jealous of others succeeding, related to oscar the grouch on sesame street, or is part of the non fighters union alliance. bottom line is this: all roles on the game need, feed and depend upon one another. let's work together to make it fun for all. finally, PLEASE increase drop rate because it's really too low, now. thanks and ciao...........

Edited by Enyo

personally, i don't do that because i prefer to pay someone, even a friend.. and not take advantage of them just because they are a friend.

They get experience, I get potions. Plus, I always do things for them in return, like giving them 8k bones at a time, or several thousands of RQ/BQ. Don't try to refer to me as someone who takes advantage of others.

plz take a long hard look at all of the players who are harvesting lilacs for a quick gold coin. that's proof that most people are struggling to earn a gold piece.

I've talked to some people who sit hours on end just harvesting lilacs. They don't seem to struggle to buy anything, considering there's almost no cost to making the fastest money ingame.

The drops are fine as it is now. It's good to know that fighters aren't being spoon fed. If it costs too much, take up an extra skill. :P

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

They get experience, I get potions.  Plus, I always do things for them in return, like giving them 8k bones at a time, or several thousands of RQ/BQ.  Don't try to refer to me as someone who takes advantage of others.

I've talked to some people who sit hours on end just harvesting lilacs.  They don't seem to struggle to buy anything, considering there's almost no cost to making the fastest money ingame.

The drops are fine as it is now.  It's good to know that fighters aren't being spoon fed.  If it costs too much, take up an extra skill.  :P

158052[/snapback]

if all everyone did was barter and exchange favours, then none would have gold. you are not an authority to say if the drops stay or not. is your name entropy? furthermore, having monster drops doesn't make a fighter "spoon fed" as you put it. you are basically against anything that is in favour of the fighter. you don't even know what the drops are like, now. please don't express your opinion based not on experience but based on your personal feelings towards fighters in the game. fighters in the game spend a great deal in order to train on monsters. armor and weapons are always breaking, potions, rings, ess, etc.. death loss.. these drops help to replace or refurnish these items. everyone on the game chooses a role/trade. some players but not many are complete players and choose to do some of everything.. but most prefer one to another... alchemy, or potion maker or crafting or manu or harvesting or fighting, etc. some players even have several char, just in order to wear more than one hat, so to speak. this is just my input from my personal experience on the game and im not going to engage in a heated discussion about it simply for teh sake of arguing. once again, plz increase the drop rate because as it stands now.. drops are practically zero and also do something about books, such as at least have a book store that we can sell our books to. thanks again.. ciao

I'm mainly a fighter, but a fighter with a/d in the 40ties which means I rarly get 'good' drops and those 'good' drops like rare books just don't sell. I give them out for free in stupid trivia contests and on the other hand I have to make fes or hes and sell them to a magic shop just to get SOME money.

There's a rumor around fighters are sooo rich.. Maybe the highlevel ones... SR, BR, Chains - everything is expensive - i can't afford that with the 4 gc a fem orc drops or by selling the pickaxes and wooden battle hammers I get from them.

I play for 4 months now - usually you are some uberowner in many other games and supplies are no problem, but not in EL. And it's really getting annoying. If you die and loose your deathbag, you have to spend a few k of gold in a bad case... Do you know how long I need to get them together?

Look at games like WoW - you die ---> you don't loose a thing and still death is a punishment since you have to walk back to your corpse.

But what I wanted to say is, it's not really fun as a pure fighter all the time...

I'm not a fighter primarily (A/D 30/32), but I'd like to see monsters drop more gold. The amounts currently are pathetically small. They may as well drop none frankly.

Reducing the item drops is fine, but it should come in conjunction with some sort of increase in the gold drop. Not enough to make up the diffenence neccessarily, but enough to make up at least a bit of the difference.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

I'm not a fighter primarily (A/D 30/32), but I'd like to see monsters drop more gold.  The amounts currently are pathetically small.  They may as well drop none frankly.

Reducing the item drops is fine, but it should come in conjunction with some sort of increase in the gold drop.  Not enough to make up the diffenence neccessarily, but enough to make up at least a bit of the difference.

158104[/snapback]

more gold would be nice, too

drops did need to decrease for certain monsters but not to the point of practically nothing.. i think that random factor needs adjustment.. i also feel that drops need to get better with higher level monsters, not worse.

i removed my suggestion for drops:

I also feel that PC should not be as important or even more important than AD.. because we work hard to get high AD's.. then someone with lower AD's can defeat a higher level due to high PC.. NOT fair. i also feel that if we got rid of some of the perks, more capes would sell or if at least we gave an oa limit before one could get certain perks..

i also feel that the ros stone drop rate on harvesting should be decreased significantly because harvestors are getting them like crazy, now. just teh other day within a few hours, Chance the mod found 6 ros stones from harvesting diamonds. how fair is that? i never found 6 from killing trolls and ogres all day.. he finds them within some few hours.

thanks for listening all :-)

Edited by Enyo

Man these rumor fighter must have a very high lvl of coor and phy just so they can ruin the el economy .

I actually support no drop.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

Man these rumor fighter must have a very high lvl of coor and phy  just so they can ruin the el economy .

I actually support no drop.

158122[/snapback]

what you just said makes NO sense.. no drops and no fighters.. the end.

check the fighting and economy reports.. if they really lowered the drops that's great. You are new, you dont know that capes and 'rare' books used to be rare and worth something. Capes and those books went for 20k+ and now every noob can get them for 3k.. tit long is the second best sword in game and because it is dropped by monsters it goes for 400gc eventhough it requires efe to make. The fighters will not be more poor, you will sell one cape/book for 20k instead of selling 10 of them for 2k each.

i agree with shasso - its a way to make the economy more stable, and more balanced - however - it will take some time to adjust, it wont happen over night.

Just give it some time.

yup, the stockpiles are huge, it can take months. Though the sellers will probably raise their price as soon as they notice that drops are more rare

Edited by shasso

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

wondering if people actually read ALL of my post or only part of it.. hmmm

anyway... there is a difference between rare and regular drops and also just practically no drops at all.. please read all of my posts.. the two previous ones before posting.. thanks. the solution is certainly NOT to remove the drops or to lower drop rate to the point of nothing, almost. some more seasoned players with stockpiles might not be effected by this.. but the majority of us would be. anyway.. i think i've explained it all in the two previous posts. i even made a suggestion for monster drops. thanks.

you didn't explain what rate you had in mind and monsters shouldnt drop any weapon/armor anyway, except maybe iron and wooden hammer whitch cant be made. But especially not tit longs and tit chains. Capes and books and stones and some money is good enough for drops and it has to be rare enough so it has some value

more gold would be nice, too

sure lest make figters richer than we are now :)

Fighters ARE the RICHEST in whole game. Killing is most profitable job at the moment.

my suggestion for drops are:

fluffies: tit shorts and tit longs, steel chain, cape, rare books, enriched life ess, an occasional ros stone, serp stone, plus gold

chim: tit chain, steel chain, cape,  super rare books, ros stone, health ess, potions, enriched life ess plus gold

they should also drop srs and EFEs so high lvl fightes could get everything from fighting, so they would not need to buy anything, that will be soo cool.

I also feel that PC should not be as important or even more important than AD.. because we work hard to get high AD's.. then someone with lower AD's can defeat a higher level due to high PC.. NOT fair.

good that you are not a dev. :P i know this is bad example but compare it to reallife. what good gives you knowledge of fightingskills when you are a pussy and you cant lift 20pounds ? same if you are fatass (coordination = - 10 :D )... its ok that PKing is affected with P/C this way ppl with lower a/d but high OA can spend thayrs pickpoits to be good fighters. Note also that p/c affects deeply experience gained, so you have to think where you put your pickpoints.

i also feel that the ros stone drop rate on harvesting should be decreased significantly because harvestors are getting them like crazy, now. 

i feel like you need to go haverst... i am havesting diamonds everyday. Did get only 1 rostogol :P. btw i would go even futher, make rostogol only harvestable, give harvesters chance to be richer :P

thanks for listening all :-)

you are welcome.

Edited by obionek

<cut>

LOL, read the Player Representative Council section, Enyo, there is generally a crackdown on moster drops... You're one of the few who suggest to make them better.

Guest Enyo

gigi3.jpg

sure lest make figters richer than we are now :)

Fighters ARE the RICHEST in whole game. Killing is most profitable job at the moment.

fighters are NOT the richest in the game, lol... check my storage... most fighters are struggling to pay for potions and armor.. you are a prime example of the jealousies that exist between roles here and that's so sad. in my personal opinion, we all need each other and there is NO need of jealousies. btw, this is NOT real life.. we are sitting in front of a lifeless, cold machine clicking away madly. but it is fun.. most of the time.

You say you want more drops like capes ect.

If the drops will increase the capes will become less rare and they won't be worth anything anymore. So then the fighters will even get less money.

I liked getting capes and other fine stuff as drops, but, frankly, they were to common. On the other hand it seems that now they are a bit too rare.

After killing almost 400 ogres (counted bones) and a bit less trolls only think i got was nice branch of hammers (all sort) and iron swords (even some steel) as a bonus 2 serpents stones.

I don't know what is contemporary drop probability but seems it's extremely low. Economy is economy, but....

And trying to answer to Daxon re-post - I'm training only on ogres and trolls now. And yes, I think I'm fighting enough.

BTW. Have to agree with Enyo, Daxon is one of the most arrogant people in EL:/

Edited by vanyel

Maybe the drops could be raised, but offer some other downfall to it as well. Introducing an exp. loss to a/d on death or something.

BTW. Have to agree with Enyo, Daxon is one of the most arrogant people in EL:/

Better to be proud of something than nothing.

Maybe the drops could be raised, but offer some other downfall to it as well.  Introducing an exp. loss to a/d on death or something.

Better to be proud of something than nothing.

158450[/snapback]

*ack* Daxon, you've been playing kal too much :P

anyway, to solve the drop problem, I think fluffies should drop sandpaper, then maybe we could finally get some good money :P:P

Its easy to understand the probllem with the EL economy. IE, raw unprocessed items such as titanium ore are profitable while making pretty much anything from those unprocessed items is a big time losing proposition money wise. The hard bit is figuring out how to fix this...

Reducing the drop frequency is one part of the equation. The other part is greatly reducing the amount of items produced. Right now people are forced to produce vast quantitites of stuff to advance their skills. I've proposed this before and I'll propose it again. Change the manu system to be more like the book reading system. IE, making stuff takes a long time. BUT, you can do other stuff while you are making something. In conjunction, give way more experience for making things.

You could multiply the creation time byt 100 and do the same with the exps. If 100 seems to high then try some smaller multiple. Fiddle with those numbers until the supply gets to the point where the demand is large enough that people make a profit selling processed goods.

Along with this greatly increase the gold coins that monsters drop. There would likely need to be some tweaking here.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this seems like a possible solution to the whole economic mess in EL.

anyway, to solve the drop problem, I think fluffies should drop sandpaper, then maybe we could finally get some good money :D  :D

Wait, that is actually a good idea. :) Fluffies are always ending up slaying helpless adventurers who wander into their terrain.. isn't it a little logic that the fluffy gathers up their belongings and scurries away? Assume that their belongings contained sandpaper. :P

'course.. not too high of a drop rate.

*ack* Daxon, you've been playing kal too much :P

No, just Lineage I. :P Where dying once meant losing 50 hours of work.

Edited by Daxon

i like the idea enyo..kinda.. but like everyone else said.. it would really ruin the economy worst than it already is

Enyo. First some advice. While I completely agree with your feelings towards Daxon, I've got to mention that you're only encouraging him. I've learned that if you just support your arguement to the best of your ability and just ignore him long enough, he'll lose interest and go away. :)

Second, you are only looking at this whole thing from just one side of the equation. For every change implemented, Everyone is effected in some way or another. By Fighters picking up less drops, other Non-fighters really do suffer in someway for it. This is the general idea of the changes. The problem with it is that the whole Fighting/Drop System has been severly Scarred because of the way it use to be before that the game is just going to take a while to recover and in the mean time, there are going to be a lot of players that will feel the sting more then others. Stockpilers, for example, don't feel much but eventually, they will as soon as their stores are depleted. Then fighters are going to start recovering themselves.

But overall, I do agree with many of your points. Like your suggestions for new drops; They're As good as anybody else's! The only problem is that you assume that fighters should be able to make immedient Profits. But this is the problem. No Player should ever be able to turn a profit so quickly in the game. And this fact extends to all Skills in the game, expecially Harvesters since they are technically the "Richest" Player's in the game simply out of the pure reliance on the skill. Also, the Fighters (at high Levels) start gaining a enormous amount of money from their drops, solely because they are almost completely unlimited in their choices of profit. Like, they could sell their goods to Player's for large amounts of money Or they could sell their goods to Trik for a Fast Buck. While Low level Fighters do get basicly nothing out of their long hours of Sweating Blood and Tears, once they reach a good level, that completely turns around and their profit potential skyrockets.

Basicly, I do agree with what they did with the Drop rates but I don't exactly like exactly what they did. The way I see it, they just made it even harder for low Level Fighters just to make high Level fighter work harder for their goal. The truth is, they've been doing exactly that and stumbling down this same path everytime. "To Limit one group, they make it tougher on another Group."

Suffice to say, the whole game needs a Drastic retuning on in all areas, not just fighting. Currently, the way the game is set up, The Experinced Player's Make the Profit and the inexperinced struggle in the dust. This isn't exactly "wrong" in the sence of the game since it's expected but because one's profit is directly porportional to one's level, a player soon finds that their profit from a skill becomes a direct multible of the Effort that they apply to that skill! Basicly this means, after you reach a certain level, you start getting more out of the skill then what you put into it. This is what's actually killing the game. To keep the game balanced, there really should be No Profit! At all Levels of the game, what you get out of your work should be exactly what you put into it. But that's not really much fun, is it?

One suggestion that occured to me:

NPC's should set their Prices according to the Player's Level. Then, the higher the Player's Level the more they have to pay for more basic Items. Tthen, they'll end up Having to buy from other Players. Though, I'm not sure exactly how that'll work. If it's based on OA, then a Player Resetting may end up making it all Moot. Then again, if a Player really wants to base their Reset according to the number of Wine they buy, well then I can just see them whining about it! :lol:

Edited by Kami