Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eolwyn

We want horses!!!

How about Horses?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How about Horses?

• Ride on pardner!!
    • I like the excercise thank you very much!
    • Eh.. whatever...

Well, I want horses at any rate... they would speed up movement, use more food (to feed horse), and even give various combat bonuses/penalties. So how about it...

i like the idea but it would be a pain in the ass for entropy i bet..

we already have a few stables i belive in the game but sadly no horses in them looks very odd

No. No. No. Better Idea: Unicorns!!

Holy and Lawful Animals that you can tame (but not ride) but if you kill then, you'll obtain an Unicorn's Horn but all so a serious Penalty for killing such a creature.

And if Entropy inplements the Alignment system, there can be a lot of fun with this! Imagine such a Burden Creature for each alignment.

Unicorn for good.

Horse (or Mule) for nutrual.

(fill in the blank) for Evil. I'm not sure what creature a player of Evil persasion would use. Maybe a HellHound or FireCat?

Anyway, only players of such alignment can obtain such creatures. otherwise, the other creatures would be hostile (except Horses/Mules).

I WANT A HORSIE come on I have suggested this also it will make it so you can carry a bit more with you (like saddle bags) I mean come on most games the walking is about twice as fast but if you made running it would cause lots of lagging so lets get the HORSES plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Entropy we want the horses saddle em up cowboy

Guest woolyknight

Horses would be well cool! and with the aligment fing u cud get:

White horse(good)

Brown horse(neutral)

Dragon(evil) but of cors the dragon wouldn't b able to fly.

how about it?

HORSES WOULD BE SO COOL :D:P

here are my reasons:

-you could ride on them so you can go faster

-you could maybe joust with them

-you could train them to fight along your side

-you can tame them to get one or buy one in the stables

These are my best reasons :P

Good idea, BUT it might be improved a bit. Simply having normal horses would introduce some problems. Where would you let your pets if you are going to a mine? Visiting a store? etc. there are a lot of things that come to my mind. Think about it and think good... wouldn't it be cool to have creatures you can summon and ride on? After a while they would disappear and most probably you actually should be able to let them disappear if you want to. This would eliminate unnecessary crowding in places that a lot of ppl visit and would normally let their horses rest.

You'd say: "but, but I don't want to be a summoner, no WAY !!"

Ok, fine... you wouldn't have to be. There could be medallions, rings, orbs or other magical artifacts that are used to summon such creatures. Only high level mages and alchemists (both skills needed to create such items) would be able to create such magical items and it will cost them a lot, so the price for such an artifact won't be cheap.

In addition to that players would need to have their WILL at lvl 10 at least (or other lvl, depends on how we will lvl-up our attributes in future, hope this paying method will go away one day), because even having those magical items won't be enough to tame the spirits of the animals they summon. Eliminating another problem this way: newbies won't be able to use those "riding animals" and will have something to look forward to.

Besides riding, the animals might be able to carry additional load... how does that sound? Only if such a creature disappears it will leave the bag with those items it carried and if you fail to summon another creature (each magical item should have a limited amount of charges to keep the economy intact) this bag will disappear as any other by the rules of the game.

Also those creatures might behave as normal summoned creatures as well, fighting for their master if instructed to do so.

It will take some time to code (a devil to code?) of course and a lot of work for Roja to do the animations, but I assure you people will LOVE this. Ent can also limit the use of those summoning-items only to the p2p version, although I wouldn't limit it completely to it. Lets say there could be a couple of different creatures with different abilities: LOW-lvl creatures with low EMU capacity and weak defenders/attackers and HIGH-lvl creatures with better stats reserved only for players who pay.

Now how does THAT sound? Usually I don't praise my own ideas, but I think this one turned out quite good actually :(

btw: this wasn't meant to be a suggestion for next week, not even for the next month I think. Every big feature starts with a small one, besides I believe many will agree that riding animals would be an overkill for the maps we have now. WS is the biggest and it probably takes a player 1-2 minutes to cross it from one end to another, and there are teleporters also! We really don't need any riding animals right now, but in future, when the world of EL grows, with players and bigger maps (or more maps) it could really turn into a needed or just welcome feature.

We could start with something small, or already existing... a deer perhaps? Hey, don't laugh.... ever seen "Mononoke Hime"? No? Well you should, it's one of the best animes out there :(

Might also be a donkey, or a totally new kind of animal/reptile... whatever, we all have enough imagination for inventing new stuff... Besides that, better don't force a 3D designer (Roja) to do something she/he doesn't like. I know that this happens almost everywhere in the gaming industry, but the good thing about games like EL is that the dev's are free to do things as they want and the best results come out of such an approach.

Guys, ive said this on many posts before, Horses have been considered and rejected for about 5 times now. The Dev team is currently working on a ingame stable system(paid teleporter) to certain places on the map. Eg: Evil castle or northern woods on the WS map or Desert tropis or Cyrstal caverns entrance on DP map. Just be pateint, they will come; this is still beta testsing.

Guest no1move

horses are a great idea, ive played an RPG with horses on before...

the answer to the horses in shops etc. is you have like wooden pole things outside all shop/mines ----> like in westerns ---> this works well and is easy to do...

if you dont want to do this you can just make it so you can get off ur horse and he will stay/wonder around where u left him.... and not walk of anywhere....

also if you are off ur horse and someone else trys to get on it you can either have ----> says "this horse belongs to no1move" ----> or you could make the horse kick the person (not recommended)

horses in fighting... hhmmm how about there are different horses ----> brown - white - black ----> these horses could be all the same or just be better at certain aspects of skill... e.g. brown = average speed - average power(on attacks) - GREAT accuracy (on attacks) ... each horse could be good at either one of these... the only difference between the horses is, is that great means you can get that horses stat higher than you could if it was average... meaning it would be m ore affective...

evil and good sounds good ... but would these change anything or are they just a figure???

@Yoshi: perhaps someone should make a list of suggestions that have already been declined? That would save us a lot of time, because like everyone else I can't just read the WHOLE forum from the beginning to know such things. Ok, a way to avoid this would be to use the searching function :D but you still would find a decent number of threads with same words in it, so.... if someone is eager to make a suggestion and wants to write it down he/she wouldn't spend time on reading other stuff for half an hour. Whenever a good idea comes to your mind you should instantly write it down, the longer you wait the more you run the risk of losing the plot and the interest to write a lot of text.

Besides that, as I said horses would be an overkill right now, and for the next months to come. I though maybe in distant future when the world really becomes larger (during the next ~6 months or even next year?) it might be a welcome feature. Teleporters & teleporting spells will surely also do the trick, they are more boring though. But I do understand that the dev's have limited time capacities they can spend on making the game, so they have to decide which features to prefer investing more work in them over others that just have to be simplified to provide basic (needed) functionality only.

I still like my idea and would prefer it to teleporters, but I have no problems with the dev's deciding otherwise. After all let's not forget, it's THEIR game - it's like living their dream. :)

@no1move: wooden pole things outside shop/mines and stuff like that is a bad idea. That's the thing I avoided by suggesting summonable creatures that wouldn't take unnecessary space while not used. Also with permanent presence of horses the maps, or the locations where ppl are most likely to leave their riding animals would become crowded with them. The limit on bags (100 per map) is there to prevent stuff like that and that's another reason why mere horses will never work in EL (unless all maps increase in size like at least 10 times and free space for stables around stores will become a lot larger).

Well.. anyway, we should stop this discussion since the dev's have already decided.