Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Glittergoblin

Players On Same Computer?

Hi am fairly new here and since creating my character I have only been able to play her part of the time as my husband loves this game and also wants to play. So, he's been playing "me" lol. I didn't think he could play on the same computer here at home as I don't see any area to make a second character without getting rid of the first one.

I don't care if I would have to pay for two accounts just want to know if it is possible or legal. I have looked on the forum but don't see this exact subject mentioned. I did see a post regarding the legalities of "trading" among same IP characters. So therefore it must be possible then but I can't figure it out lol. I am not interested in trading items at all - don't plan on doing that each of us wants to do our own work.

Unfortunately a lot of the things I have now were done by him physically so I wish I could change that but oh well lol.

Thanks for any help on this,

Marilynn

yes, as many people as you like can play from the same IP, there's a thread on the furom to declare when more than one person will play from same place, just post on that

and the same IP trade is for people who have more than one account (which you're allowed to, quite a few), to stop them having several accounts online at same time (allowed, as far as i know) and using them to help each other (not allowed, that's where the rule comes from)

as for the accounts, it's stored on the server, so that works fine... when EL starts up, just create new character from main screen, go through and make new

as for the accounts, it's stored on the server, so that works fine... when EL starts up, just create new character from main screen, go through and make new

155404[/snapback]

Thanks for the help everybody and by the way IF I had enough money right now I would buy another computer we are desperately desiring one believe me, but not in this year maybe next :( It would be great to play with other family members at the same time.

Love this game so far!!! Met nice folks right from the start I was ready to quit in the first five minutes as I got frustrated and thanks to Fonc_Emerlin and Doxxie as well as a few more that I forgot to write down (btw hope we get that buddy thing working).

Now I just want to clarify this - if another character is created and we are NOT on at the same time can I give the things earned by him as me back to him in his new character? I don't mind starting out at a lower level just want to keep the same character and name. Now that is confusing I know forgive me lol. I hate to sound so goofy asking these questions but I really don't want anyone being angry or banning me for something that I just didn't understand. I'm always paranoid that way - guess I'm a corny do-gooder :D

If not we'll just play as is np he'll just have to work harder :lol:

at the moment, the only way to trade is if both characters are online. there is discussion about that on the forum, though, so if we're lucky there'll be more options Real Soon Now

i'm also quite pleased (usually) and sometimes a little suprised by the friendlyness of the community (there are exceptions, of course, but they're a small minority from what i've seen)

and i'm usually the cautious type as well, it's generally a good thing :D

at the moment, the only way to trade is if both characters are online. there is discussion about that on the forum, though, so if we're lucky there'll be more options Real Soon Now

i'm also quite pleased (usually) and sometimes a little suprised by the friendlyness of the community (there are exceptions, of course, but they're a small minority from what i've seen)

and i'm usually the cautious type as well, it's generally a good thing  :D

155422[/snapback]

One more question we are trying to create his character right now and I want to know how much and in what way can I pay to have him pick one of the p2p?

Anybody???

Darn it - forgot to say Thanks!!!!

Edited by Glittergoblin

One more question we are trying to create his character right now and I want to know how much and in what way can I pay to have him pick one of the p2p?

155426[/snapback]

I'm not exactly sure, but try checking the "Happy Holidays" topic pinned above this one in General Chat. That has a link to the EL Store, may have info about the p2p races.

if i recall right, it's US$20 for a year, or US$50 for life... and i imagine you pay the same as listed at the end of Eternal Lands Shopping

<edit> fixed a typo... US$20 for a yeah

heh

Edited by ttlanhil

if i recall right, it's US$20 for a year, or US$50 for life... and i imagine you pay the same as listed at the end of Eternal Lands Shopping

<edit> fixed a typo... US$20 for a yeah

heh

155428[/snapback]

Thanks so much everyone - I will go check it out now.

Marilynn

Buy a new computer..........they are pretty cheap these days and then u can both play at the same time  :D

155401[/snapback]

It isnt solved the problem, we got 2 computers, but same IP with Tornado.

yeah

now where's that $20, ttl?  j/k

155481[/snapback]

err... <_< US$20 fine for a yeah... pay up!

yeah, that's it...

It isnt solved the problem, we got 2 computers, but same IP with Tornado.

155512[/snapback]

it solves the problem of both having a computer at once. and as long as multiple players from the same IP are declared (elsewhere in forum) this should be fine

Buy a new computer..........they are pretty cheap these days and then u can both play at the same time  :P

155401[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i already won the award for buying a second pc so i can play too!

:lol: :lol: :lol: