Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_Playa

Hear Me Out!

I'm just gonna say it. This game is trying to copy Runescape, and failing.(dodges stones that people are throwing at him) Now, instead of tryong to be more like Rnescape, try to be less like Runescape! Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. Now, I know it may sound radical, but I have a good idea. A hunting game. Take the three best things in EL(community, hunting, and harvesting) and make THAt be the focus of the game. To do this A) Set up the buddy list, for god sakes! :o Let players be able to join huntoing parties C) Make more "hunting" weapons(spear, etc.) D) Let players be able to make more stuff out of animals(tools out of bone, cook meat, etc) E) Other things to make the game more hunting centered F) make the game generally more accesible. THAT I would play. THAT I would like. THAT would be different from Runescape. And THAT... would be fun.

This game is alot like runescape. I started playing runescape a couple days ago and was like :o this is just el with gay @ss graphics. Although el is alot harder then runescpae becuase as i said i started a few days ago and already have a 40/40/40 character. Also runescape has a horrible pm system. I haven't played it long enough to say all the similar and different things but it is nice to take a break and play something different once in a while.

could u repeat that in english .........I'm sorry I dont speak nerd.

154825[/snapback]

It was sarcastic :o

I disagree, I think EL has a unique personality all its own. I also think the different graphics style gives it a completely different flavor. Granted I only saw RS for a day...but I still disagree IMHO :(

Every game derives atleast a few things from other games. Some things are generic and occur in most/all games, such as private messaging systems and chatrooms in general.

And about that Deer Hunter image.. that hunter is way too close. You could get that close to a deer if you were properly camo'd and had doe scent rubbed in a close area, but that's just.. too close. :o

GUI... Graphical User Interface

I/O interface ... Input/Output interface

just in case this great idea is ever gonna realized...:

el%20deer%20hunter.jpg

<image>

154830[/snapback]

Gotta love that one, nice job :rolleyes:

I'm just gonna say it.  This game is trying to copy Runescape, and failing.(dodges stones that people are throwing at him) Now, instead of tryong to be more like Rnescape, try to be less like Runescape! Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses. Now, I know it may sound radical, but I have a good idea. A hunting game.  Take the three best things in EL(community, hunting, and harvesting) and make THAt be the focus of the game.  To do this A) Set up the buddy list, for god sakes! B) Let players be able to join huntoing parties C) Make more "hunting" weapons(spear, etc.) D) Let players be able to make more stuff out of animals(tools out of bone, cook meat, etc) E) Other things to make the game more hunting centered F) make the game generally more accesible. THAT I would play. THAT I would like. THAT would be different from Runescape. And THAT...  would be fun.

154810[/snapback]

It's not that much like RS.. and thankfully so. :)

This game is alot like runescape.  I started playing runescape a couple days ago and was like  ;) this is just el with gay @ss graphics.  Although el is alot harder then runescpae becuase as i said i started a few days ago and already have a 40/40/40 character.  Also runescape has a horrible pm system.  I haven't played it long enough to say all the similar and different things but it is nice to take a break and play something different once in a while.

154815[/snapback]

No, for one thing, the PK system is MUCH better in EL. They have all kinds of level limits and smeg in RS.

el%20deer%20hunter.jpg

154830[/snapback]

ROFL!! Thats the funniest thing I've seen all day! :lol: :D

Edited by Ryuu

A) Set up the buddy list, for god sakes! B) Let players be able to join huntoing parties C) Make more "hunting" weapons(spear, etc.) D) Let players be able to make more stuff out of animals(tools out of bone, cook meat, etc) E) Other things to make the game more hunting centered F) make the game generally more accesible. THAT I would play. THAT I would like. THAT would be different from Runescape. And THAT...  would be fun.

154810[/snapback]

Well, uhm, first of all please don't forget that there might be other players that have a different opinion of what would be fun, what they like and dislike in EL. ;) About the other things, please let me give a brief status report:

A) IIRC it's almost done,

B.) What prevents you from doing that? Just join and go! :) You don'T need a #join_hunt command for that. What should it do?

C,D) Planned, but deferred (sorry) for programming reasons.

E) Well, you like hunting, but others prefer other professions.

F) What do you mean with "generally more accessible"? In what way can it be? :huh: Download, install, connect, create a character, play. Neither of these actions are restricted in any way. The connection to the server is a simple TCP one, which should work on almost every weird network if it's using NAT, aggressive firewalling or whatever. So basicly all you need is an pc-based computer with windows, BSD or linux (Mac support is in progress) and an internet connection.

With regards

Lachesis