Eternal Lands Official Forums
godfathernoodle

Scamming Guild SwW (Comming Soon)

I wonder if the thread titled 'Thieves Guild' inspired you guys to do this? :wacko: Anyway....

lol ur guild is just goina be shuned lol when they have the SwW tag

They can change their name daily!

Edited by MarantZ

They can change their name daily!

They could... but it wouldn't take much at all to figure out what the new name was. At that point someone can easily create a small database of it's players, or a thread in the Outlaws section anytime they see someone new to the guild.

Thank you Godfatherwetnoodle, you just made it easier for everyone in game to avoid you and those associated with you.

True, but there are still alot of players who do not read the outlaw section. Heck, there are alot of players who do not even go on these forums.

They could... but it wouldn't take much at all to figure out what the new name was. At that point someone can easily create a small database of it's players, or a thread in the Outlaws section anytime they see someone new to the guild.

Agreed, it is a problem! But could the following work:

If a guild has a daily changing name, would it not make keeping track of its members etc very difficult. How would a person recognise a new guild member if the guild name itself is changed? Seems to me that it would involve a bit of trawling through the forums to match up a players name with the guild name, which itself will have changed. And once a player has been linked to the guild he can always say he left it. It would be difficult to prove otherwise because the guildname will have changed, lending credence to his/her claim of changing guilds.

Or have I got this all wrong? If so, let me know as I mentioned I have no idea how a guild is run, or what information can be gleaned about a guild and it's members if the name. description, etc is changed. The little insight I have is from a bit of quick research!

Godfathernoodle: If this was feasible, it would only work if the guild info was changed at least once a day. Not a lot of effort in itself, but Im sure it can become a drag!

This guy gets my vote for retard of the year.........Yay i make a scamming guild Yay........yay i wear a helmet inside my house......i think the first part of becoming a scamming guild wouldnt be to announce it to everyone to watch out for you. Is like going to war in your bright orange hunting outfit. Anyway have fun with your guild kid maybe you will find more special needs kids to join. Then you all can sit around your computers with your safty helmets on planning out your next moves on how to scam a noob out of his rabbit fur.

just have to look at the guild list and watch for name changes.

yeah theres no way of getting around knowing the guild is a scamming guild

I had a look at the guild list, and gave up counting 70 guilds when I got half way down. The more I look at this the more I think that it could work. How would you know that a specific guild had changed its name? You would have to have a copy of all the guild names and descriptions, and then trawl through the site list for the one guild that appears to be new. And even then you couldnt be sure it was the original guild. How could you be? The only sign is that it there is a new guild, there isnt actually anything to link it the the old guild name. And thats for players who could be bothered to do this. EVERY DAY!

So, it seems that the guild name and the description can indeed be changed everyday, and trawling the guild list is a chore, that would have to be done daily, and with only a possible suspect guild at best.

The guild could remain relativley anonymous, and if someone did suspect this apparently new guild of being a thieves guild, they would only have that info for 24 hours, and would have to search the guild list again the next day.

Unless I'm missing something?

And Changeyourname.... who is your post directed at?

Edited by MarantZ

How to detect guild name change:

Find them the first time and then copy down their Guild Info. Do a search in the guild list for the same info. Even if there are multiples that fit the search, it would greatly narrow down your search.

*IF* they go through the time when changing their name to also change all their guild info too, I still doubt that they would change the name of their players. As you learn who is in their guild, next time you see one of those players, note their guild tag. Then when you see others with that guild tag, add them to the list.

Guild info can be easily changed, even molre than once a day. You can do it 20 times if you want to.

152932[/snapback]

Great! Anything that will keep them more occupied hiding than trying to scam.

I think this is a very feasable idea. I dont care if they start up because im not stupid enough to fall for scamming. Anyone who knows anything about EL should not be stupid enough to get scammed. Let them have their fun and play the game the way they want to play it. Im no scammer dont get me wrong. This will just add a little more to the game in that you have to worry more and cant just have the cushion of everyone holding your death bag or being completely honest.

The way you keep track is the fact that a guild such as that would attract many members, so it would stay high in the list, if a group with 40 members changes its name every day and it is like number 7, it would be pretty easy to keep track off.

WTF is the game coming to anyways, are you trying to make everyone hate the game by overflowing it with the very thing everyone hates. I guess you can do what you want.

Edited by scarab2k

The way you keep track is the fact that a guild such as that would attract many members, so it would stay high in the list, if a group with 40 members....

You presume too much.

And if we have to we will get an admin on our side to keep track of players by ip address, because I doubt they are going to like you more than any other newb scammers.

Its legal and within the rules. All I have suggested is that it is possible, and could add an extra element of excitment within the game. The mods have explicitly stated scamming is aleady allowed - why do you think that is?

You also might want to think about your statement about getting "an admin on your side". Look at my posts, and then look at yours. Whos been abusive and tried to turn a topic which was generating some interest into a flame? And who hasn't? Then ask yourself, who would the admin 'side' with?

WTF is the game coming to anyways, are you trying to make everyone hate the game by overflowing it with the very thing everyone hates.

Er, what are you talking about? Scamming/thieving stuff already happens in the game! I am merely suggesting if it happens why not make it an element of roleplay?

but the whole community will fall apart

You seriously think the whole of the EL community will fall apart, because of a guild???

but any sensible player can see that your about as smart as a fucking dry peanut.

Any sensible player will see all I have done is suggest a possible guild in an informed, polite way, whereas you have had a knee jerk reaction and been abusive.

Sure you will probably become the largest guild,

You also might want to check your facts, I dont actually want to run a thieves guild, I dont have the gc or the time to devote to such a guild.

Godfathernoodle wants to do such a thing. Im suggesting if done correctly it could be... interesting.

but any sensible player can see that your about as smart as a fucking dry peanut.

People can disagree without being abusive, its called 'debating'.

You notice how I debated your points without abuse? Learn from this. Its not difficult.

Edited by MarantZ

I hate doing double posts, but think this needs to be pointed out...

Scarab2k:

Rule 2. Do NOT insult people, except in the flames board. However, if you flame someone in the Flames board, say WHY you do that, try to explain, etc. Don't just curse them.

Last time I looked, this wasn't the flames board.

Edited by MarantZ

Ahhh i love the fact that its so easy for me to get under your guys skin, seriously dont take everything so seriously. B) If you think im trying to turn this into a flame then obviously you shouldnt encourage me with responses that make me want to respond. Btw, your right I shouldnt personally insult people , and I will try to keep my arguments more mature, however you should have expected it, if not from me then someone else, nobody likes scamming, well I guess some of you do, but the majority of players are not going to like it. FUNNY that you should say i am spreading dissent, when you want to support a scamming guild, dont understand that logic, but whatever. :P

Edited by scarab2k

They could... but it wouldn't take much at all to figure out what the new name was.  At that point someone can easily create a small database of it's players, or a thread in the Outlaws section anytime they see someone new to the guild.

Thank you Godfatherwetnoodle, you just made it easier for everyone in game to avoid you and those associated with you.

152431[/snapback]

and i thought he was actaully intelligent(for a scammer)but he just announced it like it was a regular guild if he was smart he could make a secret bot for his guild to announce the secret scamming guild but nooooo he had to be dum enough to make it like it was a good thing man i must have been half way asleep when i said they were wise enough to beat u

Ahhh i love the fact that its so easy for me to get under your guys skin, seriously dont take everything so seriously.

Thats the danger of the written word. Be careful of what you type. I notice you went back to your original post and edited out your insult. For that, thank you.

then obviously you shouldnt encourage me with responses that make me want to respond.

So, because you dont agree with my opinions you feel entitled to abuse/insult? Weird logic. No one is encouraging you to turn it into a flame. That action was solely your own. Have I resorted to insults? No.

however you should have expected it, if not from me then someone else, nobody likes scamming

Why should anyone expect to be insulted for suggesting an idea to cater for activities that ALREADY occur in the game?

lol scarab is right, your complaining about being abused when u wanna start a scamming guild, nice logic

How does suggesting roleplaying a thief in a thieves guild got to do with someone feeling they can resort to insults? Nothing. If you don't agree, then give a reason why.

and i thought he was actaully intelligent(for a scammer)

Actually I'm not a scammer. Im suggesting an idea for a thieves/scamming guild. Check your facts.

he could make a secret bot for his guild to announce the secret scamming guild

Why is announcing a secret guild by proxy any good? And who says the guild should be secret? I'm not. I'm merely suggeting it could achieve a degree of anonymity in the guild list. Not the same thing.

but he just announced it like it was a regular guild if he was smart he could make a secret bot for his guild to announce the secret scamming guild but nooooo he had to be dum enough to make it like it was a good thing

And why is the idea of a 'regular' thieves guild bad? Have you read anything said so far? Back up your uninformed statement with an argument/facts. Don't resort to just insults.

How could a 'secret' guild work? What is a 'secret' guild? It would have to be a regular guild, with rules of conduct governing bahaviour, and ensuring it all fits in with EL rules.

Oh, and just so you know, I'm not actually doing any of this, Godfathernoodle is. (And no, I have no affiliation with him. Don't even know who he is) I am suggesting such a guild could work and might add an element of excitment to the game. For that I expect a debate, not insults.

Resorting to insults without any factual content or reason makes a person look weak.

And.... Round 2! Dind ding!

Edited by MarantZ