Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nehemiasz

Few ideas on equipement :]

Guest Nehemiasz

Here are a few ideas on equipement :

Weapons:

Horn Shield : Like an iron shield but it would have sharp horns on its surface which would reflect 2-3 point of damage to the atacker ignoring the armor.

You could also ad different shield types to the game. They wouldt differ much from the others available but they just look different. Variety caounts a lot.

Chain armor should be more varied in my opinion. I miss chain boots and pants.

It would be fun to wear one and it could be available for low lvl characters. Steel and titanium boots and pants would be also available.

I miss double handed swords here. I would be nice to vield one. I was thinking about 2 or 3 kinds of them. They would deal more damage but be less accurate than single handed ones. The amount of damage would depend of the material from which its crafted. Iron, steel, titanium etc.

Bows would be nice also. Short bows, long bows, composite bows. Each would require a certain lvl of human nexus. They would require arrows, 3 kind depending on the material they'r made from. Ofcorse their damage would be medium to give those swordsman a chance. Players would be able to manufacture arrows. This shouldn't be a problem since we are able to harvest wood. A quevier would be also required. It would be nice if it would be visible on players back. IT would have limited compacity. Depending on its kind it would have...well its up to you I think.

Helms : Horn helm, Closed helm...i was thinking about many of them. They wont differ from the ones that are already in the game, but theyll just look different. And belive me..this really counts.

ITs all as far as weapons are conserned.

I really liked the fishing idea posted by another player. Just imagine fearless fishermen fighting with storms, tough weather conditions with only a fishingrod in their hands :blink:

Finally a few words about the monsters. I think we could use some more beasts to kill. Im not talking about powerful creatures. How many times newbies have to kill wolfes, foxes etc ? Lets give them something new like Mefits, Giant rats, Kobolds, Ghosts....They would be killable from 15/15 a/d. Moreover, they should be placed in a bleak place like ancient elven ruins etc. That would satisfy newbies hunger for adrenaline and adventure.

I think its all for now. Sorry if my language sound like an order not a polite request im still learning english :]

IF it is possible i could send you some drawings of those items i mentioned. They might prove helpful in the developement stage :]

For the most part, I bet we can expect to see some of these weapons coming because they are being brainstormed as we type. :P But do feel free to keep elaborating on it. I wouldn't mind a two handed sword myself, even though I'm more of a lancer-type person. :P

good ideas, most have been said before but thats fine because it helps drive the nail home on this is what we want

Im one of those players who really think the amount and variation of equipment is a very important thing in a mmorpg.. so im just sitting idle and waiting for the new weaps to drop in ;)

I'd like to have light armor that doesn't effect stats but isn't the best defence, unlike the heavier armor.

Edited by Alsrir

Guest judland

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I was reading the announcement about the new rules on "bag jumping" and "mule" bots/characters and had a thought about this that I'd like to share.

It seems as though the comments made on the origial thread revolved around the use of bots and multiple characters to haul harvested goods to storage. There was also concern about the distance the storage points are from where some harvesting takes place.

Has anyone suggested the idea of having a simple thing like a wheelbarrow or cart as an item one could buy/rent to help in the gathering of resources? I would think something like this would address many of these harvest and storage issues.

Example: You want to harvest sulfur. So, you go to the DS general store and rent a push cart for 50 gp. (you could restrict the use of a push cart to only those with X# in Physique). You take your push cart to the sulfur mine and start mining. You could be limited to the extra amount allowed in the cart, as you would only be strong enough to push so much.

Once the push cart is full (which would be considerable compared to what you would be able to carry without it), you wheel it back to the storage location.

Then, when you're done, you could wheel it back to the general store or, if you simply log off, the cart automatically gets put back (or something to that nature).

I image you could restrict the use of the cart to the player who posesses it on the "safe" maps, but perhaps remove such restrictions if the player goes to a PK map. Then, this is when you'd want a friend to go with you to help protect the cart from being stolen, or something like that.

Just an idea I thought I'd share. Back to lurking. :D

Edited by judland

Has anyone suggested the idea of having a simple thing like a wheelbarrow or cart as an item one could buy/rent to help in the gathering of resources?

Yes, but not as in much detail.

HOrray! More weapons! Now if they only put cal3d in...

:) Hmm, how 'bout bone armor? It would look cool, be made from the thousands of bones we all seem to have in our inventory, and make bones a commodity to manus, instead of limited to summoners, (tho arguably potion makers are having so much trouble keeping up with the demand of reasoning potions, which use bone powder.. Wait, they're not. lol).

i recon the bows sound awsome and wouldnt me too hard as u said we can already harvest wood and the logs could also be used 2 make bows and hairs from deer or something for the string sounds awsome hope heaps of ppl back us up im wif u all the way man! ;)