Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Earl

Wizard hat

Why not allow capes to be mixed with thread, using a needle to create a pointy wizard hat.

Each cloak could correspond to a different hat with some fun ability or a way to get a second perk effect. Body piercing hat and Mirror cape might be a new favourite.

But would this be a job for manufacturers or crafters? Maybe the success could rate on the mean average of the crafting and the manu ability. Alternatively the rate could be determined by the lower of the two skills.

Here comes the fun part; when manufacturing a standard success could be a dunce cap with a nice big D on it. This item could be virtually useless, maybe have a standard negative perk attached, or it could be fairly good, maybe increasing attack quite a bit. No one like attack up items for training...

Then 1/5 of the time, the same way a FE mutates to an EFE, the successfully made hat will be the desired wizard hat product.

Even if success rate was maximised, only 1/5 of the cape circulation would continue to to the next level of the game.

its an interesting idea, but a hat giving perk effects? :rolleyes: unusual...only one that makes sense would be the conjurer's hat or fr hat

the dunce cap could give the antisocial perk when worn (dont speak to the idiot wearing a dunce cap) :lol:

or just a generic wizard's hat like the title, and just do something like halve required mana for spells, i dunno

Why not allow capes to be mixed with thread, using a needle to create a pointy wizard hat.

I like the idea of a pointy wizard hat (then we could pass on to a staff with a knob at the end). But I think it should give you additional levels in magic or some ethereal points, not perks. AND it would be only a monster drop item.