Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jarwolf

finding ip address

ok heres the situation im try to contact my freinds computer directly via the internet im asuming its possible and that i need our ip address's but i dont know how to locate them. so if any one knows how and is willing to share ther knowledge with me i would apreciate it. thanks.

There are websites also that will give you your IP address just by visiting them. Also... if your friend uses Kazza and you put their IP address in your address bar on your internet explorer you will have access to all the files they have available on their computer via Kazza... otherwise I don't know of any direct way to connect the two computers with out using some form of FTP program.

NeoSeS

:o One other thing... Many DSL (and possibly cable?) providers, and anyoine using a router for a firewall or internet sharing will find that they have two IP's. One for your "internal network" and one for the internet. IPCONFIG will give you the "internal network" IP, while sites such as those listed will give you the internet IP.

:D Basically, if you try the IPCONFIG method, and find that you can't connect to each other's computers, then try the website method. Hope this helps.

Internal IP numbers are in the ranges:

192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255

172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255

10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255

And then there is Windows own made up IP numbers, which are in the range:

169.254.0.0-169.254.255.255

Oh, and 127.0.0.1 is always your own computer.