Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Lideln

3D Characters

Guest Guest_Lideln

Hi, I'm Lideln from France.

I'm in an engineer school in Paris, and me (and two friends) decided to create a rpg game (because we have a 9 months project) : it begins in 2 weeks.

The most difficult thing is to find 3D characters, and I would like to know if you would accept to lend them to us (the game will not be sold in any manner), and in exchange we could tell people about your game, and that the 3D characters are yours ?

It would be greatly appreciated :D

And in the other way, if you do not want to lend them to us, do you know where we could find some great free 3D models (for a type of game quite like yours) ?

Thanks a lot for your help, :)

regards,

Lideln

make them yourself? download zanova modeler or something and read some tutorials :-P

Guest Guest_Lideln

Hi Satan,

thanks for the quick answer :D

But i just looked for zanova modeler and did not find it. Are you sure of the name ?

I am just scared to make them by myself because it is likely to take ma a looooot of time, and im unfortunately not a designer :)

But if you have some software names i could use, in the worst case i guess i'll have to make them by myself :)

So the name of zanova is.... ?

thansk :D

Hi,

As long as you don't make money from it yes you can do that. You must email me any info and weblinks that you have on the project as it progresses though. And also write, "This artwork is from the free online game Eternal Lands (http://www.eternal-lands.com). All artwork models were done by Roja". If you can also put a banner link to our webpage that would be great :) We have banners on the main website.

Thanks and enjoy! :D

Guest Guest_Lideln

Hi, Roja !

Thanks for your comprehension. We won't make money from the game, its only a (long) project for the school.

I will email you what you need and what you want, and will put what you want in the game and/or docs (about eternal lands).

I dont know if we are going to make a website, but if it is the case, be sure there will be links for you game (a game i spent about 2 weeks playing day and night, before beginning my new school year :D thats why i asked you :))

Hmmm im sorry but i missed something ? How can i mail you ? (the link from you name doesnt work), and where will i be able to find the characters ?

Thansk again, a lot ! :)

Lideln

Guest Guest_Lideln

Ok Satan, thanks, Im going to check it (for information purpose since Roja accepted to lend us his/her characters :))

Hmmm another question for Roja : if we need to make more 3D characters (like evil creatures or something... i dunno), what tool did you used to create them ?

Lideln

Guest Lideln

Heheeee, I remembered my password :D

But I still cant get your email to contact you, Roja :)

Regards,

Lideln

Sometimes we write it in ways as to avoid email spamm programs(the at = @, dot = . )

All the models are in your EL directory. You can open and view the md2 models using milkshape3d (which you can download for free and use for 30days, after that it's a pretty cheap price to buy it). Although there might be more free programs that can load md2's.

Guest Lideln

Roja,

Thanks for the help, and for your kindness.

I will keep you informed as soon as I receive new information (what we will finally do, and if we make this game I told you about, I'll send you mails to tell you about the project and other things).

Thanks, and have a nice day :D

Lideln

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this