Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragburn

help with fedora core 3 pls

ok i have a problem when trying to install it on a comp in my house... first of all the comp has no os at all so booting from the cds is no problem...the real problem comes in when it comes to a graphical screen showing a large desktop style background that has "fedora" printed accross it. the screen begins flashing with this and about 5-6 splits of the same image happen and are still flashing.it looks like the mouse cursor over just a kinda blue background. then a scroll feature saying the exact same thing in each one pops up with what looks like installation instructions.(screen still flashing) at this point i cannot go further due to lack of being able to read the instructions from all of the flashing... -_-;; any help would be welcomed!

Have you tried installing using the text mode installation method? There's some kernel option which you can choose at boot time for this. Look at the function keys, that are listed on the boot screen.

This sounds as X can't find proper modelines for your monitor. It would imho be best then to install in text mode, skip the automatic X configuration at the end of the installation and do this manually, after the first reboot.

Maybe someone else knows a better solution, that avoids configuring X manually.

Just wondering... are the FD3 disks boot disks or install disks? When I try to boot from them, I go straight to Win XP...

Just wondering... are the FD3 disks boot disks or install disks? When I try to boot from them, I go straight to Win XP...

Both. You need to boot from them to start the installer.

I know that issue from pc pools at our university. You may laugh, but the only thing that helped was switching to a text console and back (restarting X did not). :D

With regards

Lachesis

ok ill try those suggestions guys. btw- thx