Eternal Lands Official Forums
jarwolf

fur to skin to leather

when i first found out that you could only buy leather i was bumed. so i got to thinking why cant we, the player, change fur into skin and then skin to leather. new items could be made from the skin. theres already items that need leather.

basic prosess somthing like you need a skinning frame and skinning knife in iventory. then use the manufacturing icon. then to change it into leather maybe a tanning potion or a toughening potion. you could have difrent quality levels for the leather say 1 rabbit fur turns into one low quality leather. a deer fur into 2 medium grade leathers boar/ wolf furs into 2 or 3 good quality leather and so forth and so on. you could even have a public area were you rent the use of a skinning frame for a certain price or for more money you could buy one. the purpose of all this is to make it so we can manufacter more and be able to make armor and stuff without buying leather. more challenging to. open to critisism and refinment.

The main point was that leather should not be manufacturable in any way, because it is an important source of drainage of money from the economy. Therefore, it's highly unlikely that making leather from any sort of infinite free source (a.k.a. animal furs/skins) would be implemented. Even the Tankel Quest would only give cheaper rates for leather, presumably. (Just like how the winery quest gives cheaper prices for wine).

Either way, no harm doing the quest first. :D

~Shouja~