Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Mars, the new earth??

I just wanted to know what you all think of president bush's plans to colonise mars?, the way i see it is, for earth the green house affect is ruining our atmostpher by warming it up, if we put many power plants on mars, it will heat the ice in the southen regons of mars, turing it to water and some of it then evaporating to make clouds and rain, eventully the sky will turn blue and becasue of rain we would be able to grow trees to produce oxygen but it will take centrys to make the atmosphere breathable to humans but the other things will only take about 30 years, do you think colonising mars is a good idea??

One thing is for sure - it would be an extremely interesting experiment with terraforming Mars and we would learn alot from doing this (though this is most likely only going to happen when I've been 7ft under for a while :D ). Though you must realise that Mars is in the very outer region of the "life zone"/"green zone" where life can thrive in this solar system...

First of all we should prioritise the environment on our precious and vulnerable Earth - if the governments around the world could just agree to do an even better job preventing the industry from poluting the environment and make the public transport better, move to renewable or alternative energy sources etc. we could stabilize the global heating on Earth thus making a more balanced industrialised society in harmony with the nature...

but the goverments of the world especialy america seem to think earth is like chewing gum, Once theyve sucked and chewed the jewces (resources) out of it they move on the another peice (mars)at least on mare global warming would be a good thing and with the cirtain destruction of earth in a few million years by the sun going super nova and making the earths surface go red hot and unihabitable, we need an "alpha site" on mars to re build the human race

Personally I do not believe that the Human race will last that long - I doubt that we have more than a few thousand years more to exist before evolution or our own stupidity destroys us :-) But lighten up your spirit, there's still lot's of fun things to do in the world ;-)

As for the ignorant governments... Well, the world is changing whether they like it or not - we should take some precautions to counter this new environment. With the current pace of the global heating we will see more and more species getting extinguished or mutate, as their living environment changes. Sadly everyone seems to close their eyes since it is more expensive to care about the environment than just to work on improving the economy. It's about money, power and ignorance... As with everything else :roll:

I don't think he said colonize per se, just a manned trip there, and a return to the moon as well. I don't think they're actually planning on sending people there for at least another decade, though.

I dunno about going to mars, I mean that would solve some space problems here on earth, and sure would be interesting, but did you ever think about the health risks just leaving earth and going to mars, the radiation when leaving earth would most likely give several people skin problems, plus everyone that would go there would have to be trained to withstand space for the trip there. And what if there, just happens, to be some kind of other life living on mars? Do you really think they would take lightly to us coming to their planet, and what if they have the same stories as us you know, they could think there is life out there, and have some that dont believe, and they could think we are trying to kill them and attack us, you never know.

no bush said he wants to place a space staition on mars so that is sort of colonising