Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Update test, part deux

there's a problem with the snow, feet, shadow:

http://shared.afterdarknet.at/bug_snow.jpg

it's really weird, especially rabbits look really smeged up

Effectively, your feet are sunk into the snow, but the shadows look that way, because they are applied after characters are rendered.

which looks completley stupid... just look at bunnies floating in the snow with their shadow 1/2 meter behind them...

remove the sunk into the snow stuff and add feetprints instead... that would look much better, than what we have now..

For me, it looks ok. Most of people has shadows turned off anyway, because it eats alot of FPS.

Regards.

I played around for about 90 minutes and couldn't see anything wrong. Some really nice new additions though! :)

I'm running Windows 2000 SP4 with a Mobility Radeon 16Mb graphics card/chip (built-in on laptop).

List of stuff what are not bugs:

- Can't use boat from IP.

- Can't harvest stuff.

- Have very large health bar and and weird damage points.

Regards.

I have a standard computer (Athlon 1,6 GHZ, Radeon 9600) and I run it with full details in window mode and have at least 50 fps...

The shadow thingy is a serious bug, for those who run the game on full settings it just looks broken...

I found a bug. I am running Windows xp. I walked into a building in Tarsengarrd [30,66] and as soon as I entered el crashed. When I log back on and try to take a step it crashes. It does not crash if I don't move.

I found a bug. I am running Windows xp. I walked into a building in Tarsengarrd [30,66] and as soon as I entered el crashed. When I log back on and try to take a step it crashes. It does not crash if I don't move.

Test server or normal server?

[edit] I guess test server. Anyone experiencing this? Also, check the error log... Ignore the particles and fontv errors.

Maybe others can check too?

Regards.

i can't use the boat on IP it seems i can't get off and get myself a fur cloak! its so cold here so someone plz get me one!

there's a problem with the snow, feet, shadow:

http://shared.afterdarknet.at/bug_snow.jpg

it's really weird, especially rabbits look really smeged up

Effectively, your feet are sunk into the snow, but the shadows look that way, because they are applied after characters are rendered.

which looks completley stupid... just look at bunnies floating in the snow with their shadow 1/2 meter behind them...

remove the sunk into the snow stuff and add feetprints instead... that would look much better, than what we have now..

%use_shadow_mapping 1

Well Mines Working Fine, Unlike The Last Test Version Mine Crashed at Startup Also ... I'm working on Windows Xp. But Now it's Fine No problems No Bugs Just good old Testing :) Can't Wait till the Update is All Over :D

i can't use the boat on IP it seems i can't get off and get myself a fur cloak! its so cold here so someone plz get me one!

Simply Uninstall the game and download it again and install it - it should work by now happened to me a few times :D

Test server or normal server?

[edit] I guess test server. Anyone experiencing this? Also, check the error log... Ignore the particles and fontv errors.

Worked fine for me on Win2K...

the old version always worked for me, but now that i downloaded the new one whenever i try to open it i always get an error message saying "the application has failed to start because wrap_oal.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." :D and now i cant play at all

i know you probably thought that was clever, but dont you think i would've only posted here if i tried that and it didnt work? i'll clear it up for you: i tried at least 8 times uninstalling it and reinstalling it, nothing worked, nothing happened, the same error message appeared every time

i know you probably thought that was clever, but dont you think i would've only posted here if i tried that and it didnt work? i'll clear it up for you: i tried at least 8 times uninstalling it and reinstalling it, nothing worked, nothing happened, the same error message appeared every time

You should follow the instructions at the beginning of my post.

Okay,I followed ALL the instructions in this post and when I open EL,It wont let me type in any letters for a new or old char...?

with all due respect entropy, i followed all of your instructions, re-followed them, and a third time just for good measure, and it still does the same thing, and i was asking also because now something's wrong with the old version too, not just the new update

is it my imagination or has www.eternal-lands.com/el_update_101.exe

server crash ?

cause i get this message 404 :

with all due respect entropy, i followed all of your instructions, re-followed them, and a third time just for good measure, and it still does the same thing, and i was asking also because now something's wrong with the old version too, not just the new update

The old version of the game CONTAINS that dll.

So if you followed my instructions (copy the old folder into a new folder, then install the update into that folder) then you should have that dll.