Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elise

Killable Npcs

How about have some random killable NPC's? It could bring some nice variation to fighting. Unlike animals and monsters, the NPC's could have some weapons/armor (that they may or may not drop when they get killed), and they could heal themself with potions or magic during fight. Maybe they could even use some other magic spells during fight.

This could be taken a step further and make all NPC's killable. It would bring some interesting possibilities for evil roleplayers, f.ex. killing Molgor. :ph34r: Obviously important NPC's would have to have high levels so not every newbie could kill them and also they would have to respawn after a period of time, maybe 6 hours.

would be cool if there was some NPC Elite guard or something. :ph34r:

The second thing is doable, but hard, so I'd rather not do it.

This was about the same thing elise just described, with healing also, for a quest. And since there is a shortage of developers atm and they are busy with those things in Ravenods post about the future of el (new skills etc) its probably even less likely to happen anytime soon =/

Nah i dont like the idea of getting Storil or Reaven killed... it wouldn't be much fun for lots of people who needs theis abilities (storing things). But it could be some fur to add characters/bots like Ants, and make them PKable. But give them normal names instead of "pkablebot_1, pkablebot_2" that could be some fun. Thouse bots could harvest things and use weapons/spells, basicly just like the normal Ants. They would grow stonger fast, becouse players would hunt them down for exp/items that they have in inventory(witch they would get from bags that they found or players that got killed by bots). Its ok this way. But makeing characters like shopkeepers or storage/chars pkable is not a good thing :huh:.

Nah i dont like the idea of getting Storil or Reaven killed... it wouldn't be much fun for lots of people who needs theis abilities (storing things).

Elise was talking about NEW NPC's, and especially not the storage ones :huh:

But it could be some fur to add characters/bots like Ants, and make them PKable.

Why have something 'like Ants' when there already are Ants. And they already harvest and wear weapons if they find some :) Some of them were/are pkable at some times and have you ever heard of bots Wanderingfool and WanderingIdiot? Guess what, they ARE pkable and getting stronger because people hunt them down.. for fun.

Elise was talking about NEW NPC's, and especially not the storage ones :huh:

This could be taken a step further and make all NPC's killable. It would bring some interesting possibilities for evil roleplayers, f.ex. killing Molgor. tongue.gif Obviously important NPC's would have to have high levels so not every newbie could kill them and also they would have to respawn after a period of time, maybe 6 hours.

ekhem... sorry but i cant find the part of text that you are talking about.

Why have something 'like Ants' when there already are Ants. And they already harvest and wear weapons if they find some  :) Some of them were/are pkable at some times and have you ever heard of bots Wanderingfool and WanderingIdiot? Guess what, they ARE pkable and getting stronger because people hunt them down.. for fun.

I know that there are Ants and that ants can use items and harvest(I am always giving them iron swords when i find one of thouse ;) ) but they are not Pkable, they were but they are not any more. Point is that Ants are not NPCs, they are just stupid bots, but if devs would make some chars (based on the ant bot code) that would act like ants + make them PKable + give them an option to talk (like with NPCs) it would be a great combination, they could be used for quests or something like that. Some of them could also have "non dropable items" so they would always walk in armour and weapon in they hand. makeing

all NPC's killable
is in my opinion a bad idea.

This would be cool but there would be no npcs cuz everyone will kill them.

well imho not everyone, but people like Satan would certainly kill all of them :D and then rest of "low fighting lvl" players could only complain *uh i cant store my items*, *i cant buy wine* :D makeing some new NPCs that would be PKable is a nice idea, how about 2 gladiators that would be placed on Lucky Punch Arena map? they could be part of some quest and give you some information about fighting. They could be also "sparring partners" couse they would be Pkable.

all NPC's killable
is in my opinion a bad idea.

Oh lol, I didnt read well... I agree =)

Dude i want a invasion of Elite troops =D big armored golden knights that rush evry1 they see :D

I just realized EL is lacking humans that you can kill, knights, paladins, guards, etc.

agree with you. i think it would be easy to implement. Admins could make 5-10 characters and set theyir stats like 30/30/60/60 a/d/p/c and 30/40/80/80 for stronger ones. Make them Pkable, give them armour/weapon place them in some resonable location and poof here we go :D they could respawn like normal creatures do(maybe slower).

just a few Warriors that spawn random time and random location in a map and they drop some verry rare item 1/100000

I >heard< it was impossable to make NPC's fight atm...

But the game needs stuff like this badly. Just look at white stone city... no guards, no civi's... Nothing!

Once this is added, make them drop more usefull items unlike animals do, like some money and other stuff, depending on how strong it is.

If there where guards in let's say, a city... They would all attack you if you attack a civi or a guard withing some range :lol:

n00b: die lil civi!1!!!wtf!!1

*20 guards jump on the n00b*

Fun in multi combat maps :D

If there where guards in let's say, a city... They would all attack you if you attack a civi or a guard withing some range :lol:

i think that would be hard to implement :P