Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ravenod

What To Expect In The Future

The last week or so I have seen a really big surge in the suggestions forum. They have been really good ideas, and it's nice to see such thought and care from the players about the game they love.

And although these ideas have been really good, I don't want people to "waste their time" anymore. Not that you can't still have suggestions, no I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is there are things, lots of things, being worked on right now. Basically every system and skill is going to get overhauled and revamped. I just can't let people to give their ideas in directions that the game is not going to go.

So I post this not to say "Shut up", but to help direct your suggestions to things that will be in the game. Add on to them, tell us your thoughts... What is good? What is bad?

This is a general list of what will be happening in the game. Roja will make a more detailed list at a later time.

-All skills will be upgraded to include a total of around 100-150 new items. Tons of new potions, alchemy items, jewelry, etc... And there will be very powerful items for advancing to extremely high levels in a skill.

-Schools will be introduced that the player can join if s/he wishes to.

-The nexus system is getting a major overhaul that will allow the player to choose

his or her strengths and weaknesses.

-Weapon class bonuses will be introduced

-There will be a wide array of Ranged weapons.

-LOTS of new weapons and armor

-2 new skills will be added

*Woodworking

*Blacksmithing

-1 skill is getting a major "fun" addition to it.

*Summoning is being replaced with Conjuring

I know alot of you will probably have questions, but like I said; Wait for Roja to post a more detailed summary. But in the mean time, might I ask to keep up those good ideas in the suggestion forum! :)

Edited by Ravenod

Just a couple questions about how current characters might make the transition to these. Dunno if there's answers for these or it hasn't been planned that far yet, but:

-The nexus system is getting a major overhaul that will allow the player to choose

his or her strengths and weaknesses.

Will we get the pickpoints we spent on nexii back, if they end up getting replaced totally with another system?

*Summoning is being replaced with Conjuring

Will existing levels in Summoning be transferred to Conjuring or not?

-There will be a wide array of Ranged weapons.

Does this mean ranged weapons on FTP? Because ever since i can remember it was P2P.

Maybe you guys hanged it? :P

As well, in a more specific update, cicero implemented ability to use items with each other and objects... so here comes the use of anvils for manu :P Yay!

*Summoning is being replaced with Conjuring*

Right now i think summoning is the most fun skill. I hope it won't change that much. B)