Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
riverdemon

Runescape Vs. Eternal Lands!

here's my opinion:

runescape is pretty developed and more and more ppl (believe it or not) are playing it.

however, eternal lands how WAY better graphics and is not as annoying as runescape, where u have to click on item various times to collect them (play runescape if u don't know what i mean)

overall, i like eternal lands.

i wanna see ur opinions, i'm taking a little poll so vote here now!!!!

I like eternal lands graphics but in my own opinion, eternal lands will never match runescape. Runescape just has the game design down. They made a great game, and its structure is very well designed. It targets young teenagers and housewives who have the most time to play it because it does not require skill, and time flies when you have a lot of goals. Its a time waster but you feel like you are accomplishing a lot. Its interfaces are friendly and the way you play is just easy.

Eternal lands could make it big, but i just don't see it. What Runescape has accomplished is very very rare.

Not to say i'm rooting for runescape...I hate jagex. They used thier legal crap against me. I'd like to see EL take all of runescape members.

Edited by SlyEagle

I choose EL.

We have a community, we have better graphics, and we are open source.

The last part wins for me. We can influence what goes into the game just by coding something useful and suggesting it.

The community is great. It is what holds people into the game. It's like a MUD, but with graphics.

The graphics are great. Runescape did pretty good for Java, but we have a language advantage here.

NO, NO, NO, NOT AGAIN! OH NO! PLEASE NO, NO, NO!!! ARGH! *Cries hysterically.*

Regards.

Yes free, Eternal Lands deffinitly has the potential to top runescape. But i just think runescapes game design is better than what EL can transform into. I'd like to be proven wrong. But the (last time i checked) nearing 75k unique paying members of runescape from today and of the past is a very tough opponent for this game right now. This may change with the new interfaces being put in EL, so i've heard. We'll see. I'd like EL to have an as easy interface to use than runescapes.

Edited by SlyEagle

teh banned 0n3na, don't you dare turn this into a flame war, I was extremely surprised this thread is gong this well and calmly...DON'T RUIN IT <_<

Anyways, I ended up playing RS before EL and I hated it int he first five minutes (i realy diden't give it a chance...). I do think fromw hat I have heard, that is has deffinate advanatages over EL (look, everyoen knows about RS...not that many people know about EL) and personally it will probaly always be more popular than EL at the rate of the EL comunity/development. Also, the P2P version of EL...I think it will be a big flop...yeah it has some cool things but with el for some reason you just get bored (I hav acutaly almost compltely stoped playing EL...I guess I would rather be learning about how things are made than acutaly playing pre-made thigns...but anyways..).

Realy, it's totaly up to how much effort the developers want to put into it and they will basicly decicde wether EL will be a success or complete flop.

teh banned 0n3na, don't you dare turn this into a flame war, I was extremely surprised this thread is gong this well and calmly...DON'T RUIN IT <_<

2 posts barely qualify as this not becoming a flamewar.. The topic has been discussed about once a month for the last 7-8 months. Use the search function and drop getting the debate going again and again.

Five games better than both and their drawbacks:

Conquer, KAL, Starport, The Ultimate, Threshold.

Drawbacks: 1. Conquer: 27 hour download time on Broadband.

2. KAL: You kill stuff to get items in order to kill stuff. Not imaginitive.

3. Starport: Horrible controls

4. The Ultimate: Horrible controls, no interface, no community.

5. Threshold: It's a MUD.

i never said they were the BEST games in the world, i just want to know ur guys' opinions so i can compare the two for myself. ^_^

If you are making your own decision, why would you need our opinions?

Who really cares what game is better than the next? pick on eand play it. If you get bored play a different one. teh banned 0n3na your post was uncalled for, why must you always start fights. Now I know what comes next. You claim you weren't trying to start a fight. Bull. All you want to see are flame wars because thats the kind of person you are. Quit it, it gets old after a year and a half.

bah, i should have known better to post something like this.

1. i'm new here so i didn't know how many posts there were on this forum, even tho i should i have known in the first place. i'm so naive :huh:

2. yea, most of u r rite, just pick a game and play it. so i find this post kinda pointless now.

heh, sry guys, can anyone tell me how to lock this?

Well it's fine to compare two games with each other. This thread is perfectly appropriate for a mature community. But unfortunatly these games don't have a perfect community. And once the biggest jerk finally grows up, ten more replace him. I've only found one place where i've had no problems with the community. Believe it or not it was in a cribbage card game commmunity.

the problem is that at least once a month some kid comes along and starts one of these threads.. it becomes pointless after a while

NO NO NO NOT AGAIN! OH NO! PLEASE NO NO NO!!! ARGH! *Cries hysterically.*

Regards.

you forgot your usual template plat,

hello,

spam

Regards.

And I refuse to participate in this old, tired, sad debate

NO NO NO NOT AGAIN! OH NO! PLEASE NO NO NO!!! ARGH! *Cries hysterically.*

Regards.

My thoughts exactly. >.<

IMO The best pay game is Final Fantasy Online :ph34r: If you have a super computer lol And I like EL better than RS, but I've played RS and don't hate it anymore like I used to.

007, i already said that i shouldn't have started this post in the first place, because as i said before, i didn't know how many posts already existed on this subject, and i didn't really think of the responses i would get.

and if any mod is seeing this, can u PLZ lock this? <_<

SKA is right but here are a few things i'll throw in:

There is no game that can beat each other it's impossible unless one is a exact copy of the other with something better but like always people will like the older version of the game before people don't like change never had and never will there are always pros and cons to changing things..hints the old saying "If it's not broken don't fix it" or soemthing like that.

I've playied 4 mmorpgs all awesomely fun in their time but then got old so you move on much like we do in real life we suck up all the value in stuff then migrate to another place it's human nature so for the last damn time...please don't make another one of these topics >.<