Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lachesis

Disappearing Bags

Hi,

bags are a quite useful thing in the game if you temporarily need more things than you can carry, e.g. when manufacturing. However, there is a limited number of them in the game, and your bag may disappear abruptly. This will happen quite often since there are a lot of players dropping one bag after another when killing since they only need the fighting experience but not the items they could gain. Fortunately, there are several quite easy-to-implement solutions for this problem:

o introduce a way to leave items without putting them into a bag

o when choosing to delete a bag, prefer bags that no one is sitting on.

o limit the number of bags that a player can drop, e.g. five per hour or so.

o maybe increase that number if you pick up a bag

There are some more difficult solutions that may even have impact on server performance, but might produce better results:

o choose the bag do delete based on its value (cheap ones first) or

o choose the bag do delete based on the number of bags the player that dropped it has already dropped that hour

o maybe even make bags an item that you must carry with you in order to drop them.

That's just ideas that would enhance reliability (and thus usefulness) of this feature, even without losing the benefit of the kind of randomness it involves. Please don't consider this as a "feature request". But maybe you like my ideas. :-) Of course I will offer implementation propositions if requested.

Greetings from Lachesis

I think bags were not meant to be used as a temorary storage place so thay made em dissapear.

And before somebody else comes by and says it:"Don't put stuff you don't want to lose in a bag"

Thats why they have the 12 minute limit Dorplein, but the fact that they disappear after there are alot of bags is to reduce the amount of load on the server. Your bag can disappear one minute after it was dropped if someone decides to be a bag spammer... I have seen many snail trails that people have left behind.

I think that if there are too many bags, it should combine bags that are located near each other...

I think that if there are too many bags, it should combine bags that are located near each other...

2 People are standing right next to each other, manuing with bags. Suddenly, one finds a few plate armors in his own bag. Uhm... Maybe not the best idea.

Anyway, refer to Dorplein's post. Just manu at Raven or something. :)

No, the bags should disappear x minutes after the first item was put into them, not the last. They are not meant as your personal storage wherever you need one, if you need storage, go to Molgor.

And I think x should be lower than 12. Maybe 5 minutes.

A way to reduce needing to transport things to manu would be to remove the ban of manufacturing near storages. If you didn't have to move at all, you wouldn't need extra bags.

I don't want bags to be reliable. But what are they good for at all? They should be at least a tiny bit more reliable than they are now to become useful.

However, if they're just for dropping things (but not for picking up), then there's no need to talk about :-)

Bags are supposed to dissapear and not be used for short or long term storages.

NEVER PUT ANYTHING YOU AREN'T WILLING TO LOSE IN A BAG!