Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Web site, players online page

How about having the players online page track other information, like maximum players today, this month, overall? Or that could be a separate page, just be neat to see that info at the same time you see who is on now.

I know I'm in a minority here, but stealing an idea from runescape back when it was actually good would strike my fancy :(...

They used to have a server status back when they had only the one server (it lasted until they had 4 servers then was done away with...).

It listed the server uptime (amount of time since last crash/update), scheduled down time (updates/debugging), Number of players online, max players online ever, number of total registered users, then the top players in each stat as well as a small watermark (under-used) which allowed you to see which players were online, what their stats were and wether they were pk/npk back when you had a choice.

The easy access to who ruled what made it possible for the small community to get any of their fill of armor, fish, etc. quickly and easily... and the scheduled downtime gave everyone something to look forward to :P.

Swiss

*grabs fresh cattleprod and goes to find tropicano*

you can find hte uptime info ingame by useing that #stats command ingame. as for players statistics, i have talked to entropy about it but its on the backburner i guess.

hell, the page listing what players are online is placed where the server is, not on the webpage...

i allso think they where planing a page move some day but they need to change the dns entrys to then...