Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
giannis

I Can Connect But I Can't Play

Hi.... I am trying to play eternal-lands at the computer at my work. It runs under windows XP (I don't know much about the system other that it is cutting edge ;) )

Anyhow although i was able to install and run El at all the other computers in my life (home, school, uncle's, etc...) this particular computer refuses to cooperate.

I can connect, but the moment I enter my password and the game is about to start a get an eror message and it closes. I don't know if this is going to help or not in determining the course of action but i am able to create a new character if i want to... it just crashes the moment i am about to start playing...

thank you in advance for your help

Edited by giannis

B. Could you paste the error message, could help us out.

Oh yeah... what was i thinking.... here you are my friends feast your eyes on my error log : Error: Problems loading texture: ./textures/fontv.bmp

hm.... let me search on the forums a bit.... i got this fealing that someone else had the same error, on the mean time if you know the anser to my problems and want to save me some time.... go ahed and post it here

That is not an error.

You might benefit from updating graphics drivers (i know, its always said but its a great place to start).

do you know anyway i can go about doing that?

Besides i don't know if that will help me... the computer is like 4 days old should't it have all the newest drivers allready?

What video card do you have?

I think... ,I am not sure if this is a video card.... it is under Display adapters in my device manager ... it says: VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP

If that's a video card oh well i am happy... it is is not it is just another occasion when i make a complete idiot out of my self.

Edited by giannis

Never heard of it, and you not making a idot out of yourself. There many people who dont know how to find stuff on there computer. I even sturggle to find stuff out. (ITs really fun with a 8 year old computer)

Is it the windows invalid page fault/illegal operation standard error message? If so, click on details >> and could you please tell us the .dll?

I don't know what you mean by the .dll part.

The message i get is the one that asks me if i want to sent an Error report to microsoft. It doesn't say anything useful, other that Dev-C++ IDE has encountered a problem ad needs to close ...

HOWEVER, maybe this will help: When i run the map maker and a loaded a map... i had a very high frame rate (up there in the hundreds) but everything was VERY DARK... any ideas?

Edited by giannis

You have DirectX install, I think so. Does this happen to any other games?

i think i do ( i wouldn't know) but even if i didn't i don't think it is part of the El requirments (at least that's what the main site sais) ....

You have DirectX install, I think so. Does this happen to any other games?

i think i do ( i wouldn't know) but even if i didn't i don't think it is part of the El requirments (at least that's what the main site sais) ....

Heh, to tell you the truth, I never checked if uses DirectX/OpenGL. Try installing a other game to see if its your graphics drivers or something is wrong with your computer. Mabey you need an update with the code that Eternal Lands uses. Have to ask a developer. Not sure which code they use.

He said it worked on other ones.

The .dll is the page file that the application encounters a problem with. The reason it crashes is conflicting programs. You have to untangle the .dll's to make it not crash.

What video card do you have?

I think... ,I am not sure if this is a video card.... it is under Display adapters in my device manager ... it says: VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP

If that's a video card oh well i am happy... it is is not it is just another occasion when i make a complete idiot out of my self.

Try here: http://www.s3graphics.com/ click on Drivers -> UniChrome.

Try here: http://www.s3graphics.com/ click on Drivers -> UniChrome.

thanks leelo for the responce....

I did that but i could not find a driver that muches the name of my driver from the available driver list. On the mean time i used Microsoft update to update my driver.... and the latest driver still does not work...

I am out of ideas of what it could be. Not sure if you tried to re-download it and install it again. Since I can start the windows one with Wine (Windows Emulatro), only has the mouse problem. Its really weird why it does not want to work.

Do you have e3dlist.txt file in your EL directory? :-)

Regards.

Do you have e3dlist.txt file in your EL directory? :-)

Regards.

yes i got it from your site and i saved it at the same directory that my el.exe is. ( is that the right place to save it?) but nothing happened ;)

Hmz, did you patched your client using a patch from pinned thread on this forum - "Dwarf leather helm"?

Regards.

Hmz, did you patched your client using a patch from pinned thread on this forum - "Dwarf leather helm"?

Regards.

Well, i think that's a problem only linux useres have to deal with... and even if i had to use that patch.... i tried to log on on 50 seperate occasions the fact that a dward with a leather helmet would be sitting right next to me would be pretty slim don't you think?

If you've read description you can see that it covers "dwarf leather helm" crash and other random crashes.

Regards.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this